Poll Ferrari threaten to quit F1... again!

"Without Ferrari there is no Formula 1" Do you agree?

• Total voters
They are a bit shit at the moment aren't they so they should either buck up or pack up it makes no odds to me.

I think people should realise especially the FIA and Ferrari themselves should also realise that they are not the be all and end all of F1 if they want to go then they should just get on with it and bugger off...

Last edited:
Maybe the FIA will give them a two lap head start in the races and allow them to use 200kg of fuel flow per hour with provision for them to refuel during the race with unlimited DRS and ERS boost usage and add the time lost in the pits to all the other competitors at the end of the race..

So far 86% of voters either don't care or say no it wouldn't be the end of F1, by the way I voted indifferent but I'm indifferent about Ferrari staying or not, not indifferent about the collapse of F1.

I would like to hear from the people who voted yes and why they think it would be the end of F1..

Last edited:
I have news for Ferrari--they would likely be massively drubbed by the likes of Audi, Porsche and Toyota, possibly even Nissan, if were to choose Le Mans racing over F1.

However, I do agree with him that the engine freeze, in the first year of a new formula, was bound to lock in place one team's, or manufacturer's advantage for the entire season. I doubt, however, that he would be complaining if Ferrari were the team that held that advantage.

I gotta agree with them. A few days ago I read an article about Le Mans being more attractive than f1 for car manufacturers due to the rules not being so restrictive than in f1.

And that is what f1 was all about in the begging days, being innovative. Now it's becoming to restrictive, you gotta have that engine, with that amount of turbo pressure, with that amount of ERS, with that amount of downforce, ect....

Last edited:
Luca di Montezemolo is so concerned that Ferrari F1 is losing its way that he's called for a meeting with the other teams and Bernie. He wants to get more younger viewers and also thinks companies not currently involved should be, such as Apple & Google. So presumably he thinks getting some hip & trendy (ish) sponsors with oodles of cash will make it better.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114462

F1 should call their bluff. Ferrari only have as much power as they do because Ferrari tell the FIA they should. Time to bring them back down to Earth.

rufus_mcdufus I think Ferrari will find that Google and Apple are two of the biggest brand names in the world and hardly need to bother about promoting themselves using F1 in fact it would be the other way round they would be promoting F1 and so the teams would have to pay them to use their logos

Formula One sponsors Google and Apple the two great American institutions just like McDonald's.

Last edited:
Why does he think Apple and Google appeal to the young?
'It's the apps stupid'
'Show me the money'
...show them the door.
I wouldn't mind but Ferrari never follow through.

Compared to current sponsors like, say, SAP, Santander or Petronas I guess, but yeah, I expect young people don't think those brands are particularly 'cool' any more. I just think it's a shame that Luca considers getting different sponsors is going to improve F1.

Back
Top Bottom