Cricket Cricket - 2011 season and other banter

If I am the BCCI........Duncan Fletcher:clip:...............Really:oops:.....................you cannot be serious.:givemestrength:

:cheers: From the rest of the cricketing world on a schrewed decision.:ok:

And for once the ICC rankings made sense!

Kallis at number 1 in test batsmen and All rounder ranks, with Daylo "Steyn Remover" at number 1 in the bowling ranks. Good movement by Bell, Broad and Anderson.

I have been very surprised by indias batting...for having 6-7 batters in your team and half of them being the best in the sport they have done so poor.

To me a clash of the titans has turned out to be a schoolyard beat down, to consider this series as an embarrasment is an understatement and right now, nothing short of a whitewash is deserved.

A lot of Indian supporters told me that a lot of India's success over the last 3 years was not down to Kirsten but to Dhoni and the team. Frankly India's resolve walked out with Gary, we have seen Indian sides with great players capitulate without strong leadership, and that resolve is once again being tested, and once again India are showing that Individual talent is nothing if the sum of the unit cannot perform. It looks like the rot is setting in and India will be falling down the rankings back to more familiar mid-table mediocrity.

Another looming beast on the horizon is the age factor, with India set to lose Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag and Zaheer in the short term and the lack of reliance upon the emerging farm system will leave India vulnerable in the coming years when they have need to play players that are not test ready.

India have sent Harbhajan home claiming injury but it is more down to woeful form and volatile characteristics, Singh has struggled for a while now and is even claimed to be a better batsmen than bowler, but the real reason is he is likely to explode and most often on his own team mates, probably a good decision to send him home, he looked like a champaigne about to be un popped.

Cook 6 runs short of a triple century - India aren't what I expected from the team ranked No.1 in test cricket, shame really.

I don't understand how India are ranked number 1 for tests, their bowlin is really poor so I don't know how they succeed from it.

India hasn't been all that a no.1 side should have been, but credit has to go to the English attack, this has been a real eye opener, we, the BRITISH, have had a team to support at the top of their game making it look easy..... So this is what it felt to be an Aussie during the nauties, credit where credit's due, these guys are on fire, and what a great change to the last 40 years - I will never forget Bob Willis steaming in from the boundary and getting (correct me if I'm wrong) 7 for 50ish in the 70's, but we never looked this good.

Well done lads, Good Job!

This has become a rather lame series to call it at the very least. I should be smiling as I did predict a 3-1 series win. The more likely result is a whitewash.

Test_Rankings_since_Jun_2003.png

Not updated for the latest series between England and India...

Say what?

Forgot to add India...

The other teams such as Sri Lanka down to Bangladesh/Zimbabwe don't play much test cricket.

The main 3 teams are England, Australia and England with South Africa just under them and has been for some time.

With the talent our country has at youth level the future for the Protea's is bright, the only downside is a autocratic and arbitrary system of selection that goes under the banner of "transformation policy", it is what is holding us back. In the test side in all likelihood Imran Tahir will be included, but the real area of concern is 6-7, Prince is past it, Duminy is becoming another Gibbs which is a bad thing, and Mark Boucher is in the twilight days of his career. We bat very shallow and the pressure on Smith, Amla, Kallis and De Villiers is immense.

Back
Top Bottom