Poll "Best of the Rest"

Who is the "Best of the Rest"?

• Total voters
Nice idea KekeTheKing, but is probably there to get 2nd, thus allowing Vettel to win (if the car is as good as it has been) and hold up the rest of the pack. Another who will never realise his full potential!

It is such a shame that an elitist sport (if only because of the grid size) hampers at least half of the field that want to prove their mettle.

We'll get back to this discussion in a year or so then. No need to speculate any further. Though I will say that Ricciardo can prove his mettle without actually beating Vettel very often. He'll be measured against Webber who is basically the only other barometer of Seb's skill.

I think I understand what you are saying.

Sorry, to be so vehement (it's an age thing?) - I'm sure Daniel will 'prove his mettle' but only as a number two because he will be told not to challenge his team mate - in the same way Mark was told.

I know Mark has defied 'orders' from time to time, if only to prove a point, but I'm not yet convinced that Daniel has that same degree of defiance.

It's just evidently not Webber.

Raikkonen edges it over Button, I feel. If given equal machinery, it would be interesting, because I'm pretty sure they'd both qualify in pretty compromising positions only to turn up as if by stealth somewhere around the last 10 laps. It wouldn't be yin vs yang such as Hamilton vs Button or Grosjean vs Raikkonen. Fridge vs Freezer, if you will.

Ahh that epic F1 Fridge vs Freezer battle. Now that was proper racing.

Ender on a friendlier note than Video vs Radio Star thats for sure.

I actually think Button's qualifying isn't as bad as his rep suggests. Lets remember he was up again Hamilton a qualifying master.

I think Kimi has been proper off in quali for most of this season.

Last edited:
I feel you take me far too seriously KekeTheKing and I do have a toothache, even people who know me can't work out when I'm being serious or not my own daughter tells me off all the time about it but I can guarantee when I am I will say so in no uncertain terms but at the moment all I care about is getting this bloody tooth sorted and then I will try and give you a sensible opinion I promise...

Last edited:
Would be Kimi if he was more often the "Flying Finn" rather than the "Cruising Kimi",

Jenson would be in with a chance, in a car set up right he can compete with the very best... unfortunately he doesn't always have a teammate who can get the car right for him ;)

Mark, until he became a number 2 driver he was a car breaker - I don't think we ever saw his best, not sure where it would be.

So, if I really cared I'd probably have to go for ........

Not necessarily. And I think there's a good many people out there that find that characteristic of Kimi's oddly attractive. I think it's pretty cool.

Oh he is cool. But, lets take Japan, if Grosjean can qualify high up and, all but for a bad middle stint, beat the Red Bulls surely Kimi should be up there going one better.

I'm pretty sure if he'd shown up in quali then he have had every chance of a win.

Kimi doesn't believe in breaking sweat and only does what is necessary at the right time.

I'm beginning to believe he is not even interested in the WDC, just 'showing them' what he can do at any given moment from however far back. He has his own agenda - that is why some love him and root for him!

Of course, if he took it all too seriously, he could be a multiple WDC, but that would interfere with his basic character.

Showing them what he can do from that far back? Why didn't he sign for Marussia then?

I'm starting to think Kimi is interested in something other than WDC too. His bank balance.

Why didn't he sign for Marussia then?........... His bank balance.

Because he isn't stupid and likes to give himself a chance?

I'm sure he has more than enough money to last his lifetime now, but won't leave F1 until he is quite sure!

Kimi plays his own sport and it happens to involve a car but not always an F1 car - he knows what he is good at and makes the most of it for his own ends.

Probably explains why he disappeared in 2009 to do what he really wants to do and then returned to F1 to top up the bank balance and then move on to 'something more interesting'.

Just my opinion of course!

CTA.png

I was wondering who wrote "Mein Kampf - ich sprach eine Scheiße".

Now, as for Richard Seaman...

Kimi can certainly say he is doing it his way.

Then again so could Hitler
I think you will find that was Frank Sinatra...

And by the way Kimi has had a bad back lately I'm sure I've already mentioned this, so it is not surprising his form has slipped of late..

And anyway he is a cool dude, as is Jenson, neither of them let shit bother them that much, in fact I reckon they would make a quality pairing as team mates, so with that in mind I will say they are equal and Webber below par...

Back
Top Bottom