Ask The Apex

Melbourne - They cancelled Q2 and Q3 until Sunday (I was there, the weather was terrible. I left the track and went back to my hotel room).

Monaco - Q1 was wet and I beleive the start of Q2 was as well but it dried out

Canada - All 3 Q sessions

Belgium - Q1 was wet, Q2 dry and Q3 wet once again

Brazil - Delayed Q3

As far as I know Ferrari never supplied customer engines until 1991 with Minardi.
Enzo Ferrari in his lifetime famously said "I will NEVER sell my engines".

Of course that wasn't strictly true since a handful of teams throughout the 50's and 60's entered privately-owned Ferrari cars in the championship, so they obviously had Ferrari engines in them!

Last edited:
Has anyone other than Vettel won a race with a customer Ferrari engine? Perhaps back in the 50's?
In the old days there were a bunch of non-championship Formula One races and some of them were won by Ferrari privateers. If restricted to Championship F1 races, then LifeW12 has the answer.

When a driver dedicates a race win to someone, what does it actually mean? As far as I can tell it is a totally meaningless gesture I mean the records don't say so and so had 52 win in his career plus 5 wins dedicated to him so that makes 57 wins in total and the driver that dedicates the win doesn't get a win removed from his career tally so what is the point of it?

Its called a gesture Mephistopheles. Its an honourable gesture as a mark of respect to someone and I'm pretty sure you know that.

Were you seriously sitting there when a driver goes "I'd like to dedicate this win to my Mum" thinking "I better message Brogan to tell him to change the stats to show Old Mother Hamilton as a Formula one Grand Prix winner" or are you just trying to prove a point.

When Brazil won the 1994 world cup and dedicated it to Senna were you thinking "Wow Senna is a three times world champion in F1 and has now single handedly won the football world cup!"

You worry me sometimes.

Anyone any idea what this is?

1521280_10152119954196661_1258965637_n.jpg

Yes FB it is a Matra F1 MS11 V12 the picture was taken on July 7 2013 using a Canon EOS 5D Mark II with a focal length of 70mm a shutter speed of 1/125 seconds an Aperture of f/9 using IOS/film 100 the photographer was Eric Charles and here is a video clip of it and it's lovely sound running in Magny Cours in 2012.

I hope this answers your question to your satisfaction...:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom