A crisis at Ferrari?

Would it be fair to say there is a crisis now?

Not really. Alonso was reasonably quick until he binned it. He wasn't the only one to make that mistake, Vettel did as did Schumacher, unfortunately Alonso's error cost him a run in Q3. If you look at the times he may well have split the Red Bulls in Q3. We'll never know of course but I'll wait a few GP's before I pass judgement.

It would have been lower points at best if Alonso hooked it up, which for Ferrari is a disaster, it appears that at best, Mclaren, lotus, Mercedes and Red Bull are faster than them

It would have been lower points at best if Alonso hooked it up, which for Ferrari is a disaster, it appears that at best, Mclaren, lotus, Mercedes and Red Bull are faster than them

Time will tell. I never make predictions based on the first away races. To arrive at the first GP with a brand new car, fully developed, with no more work to do is clearly absurd. I'm happy to wait until Spain to see where they are at compared to the competition.

Well. There is no doubt now that Ferrari are up shit creak with no paddle, a leaky boat, and a driver on board that can't swim. It really is not looking good for them, even one little bit. The shame for us is that one of the best drivers on the grid is not likely to be in the competition this year.

It won't be a pretty sight watching the Ferrari drivers fighting their car throughout the race tomorrow, with Massa lacking balance and Alonso saying the car lacks both aero and top speed.

Just watching the replay of qualifing and at the end there is the shot of the Ferrari on the back of the truck. If i was at Ferrari i would ask the truck driver to send that car to the nearest scrap yard.

The drivers are fighting just to keep the car in a straight line, that isn't a good sign at all and that's not a five minute fix. McLaren started in that position on the grid in 2009 and it took them until the summer to make the car competitive for race victories again.

Crisis, what crisis! Today papered very nicely over the cracks...

According to Alonso nothing has changed, Ferrari still have problems.

At least Ferrari are admitting to having problems, unlike Red Bull who seem to think that we are blind.

According to Alonso nothing has changed, Ferrari still have problems.

At least Ferrari are admitting to having problems, unlike Red Bull who seem to think that we are blind.

Very true Bill. From what we are hearing at the moment Ferrari will have a very different car in Spain. New sidepods, heavily revised rear cover with new and repositioned exhaust, and a possible change to the front suspension, though this last point is only rumored. The next test will tell all. I have a gut feeling Ferrari will be on top of their issues as they enter the European phase of the championship and all Fernando needs is another podium and he'll be in the top three and well and truly in the fight. :)

Back
Top Bottom