Pre-Season 2024 Launches & Testing

Yeah, day 1 of testing and Verstappen completes 2 race distances worth of laps and his best is a second quicker than the next car.

Thank Christ we've got the longest season in F1 history to look forward to.

P1 im looking forward to seeing what rules are introduced. last time F1 was this bad. in schumacher era is what opened the door for all the modern gimmicks
  • we had 1 lap qualifying / knockout qualifying
  • parc ferme
  • tyres to last the whole race
  • new points system
  • reduced testing time

P1 im looking forward to seeing what rules are introduced. last time F1 was this bad. in schumacher era is what opened the door for all the modern gimmicks
  • we had 1 lap qualifying / knockout qualifying
  • parc ferme
  • tyres to last the whole race
  • new points system
  • reduced testing time
Unless they ban something Red Bull designed, I don't think any of the gimmick stuff will move the needle.

It's way too late for they though.

The season is underway in a few weeks.

FB has highlighted the point over and over in his posts, Endurance racing has had a long and extremely successful program of ensuring that cutting edge technical excellence and performance parity are happy bedfellows.

It can be done when there is a will to do it (oh, and you don't let your participants have control of what goes in the rulebook)

i have noticed that perez on his helmet os sponsored by kitkat. the irony he will be taking a break at the end of the year

20240222_142336.jpg

The cars you have watched won't be the cars on the grid on the 9th
what about the 2nd 😉

but yes the order could change & that probably make some look worse than they are because from 2nd - 5th. maybe even 6th. it looks incredibly close. but verstappen time on id say race fuel load on used C3 was ominous

Last edited:
Remember the days when F1's technical Journos would attempt to interpret hours of testing footage and data to try and calculate who had the best car and what the run times meant?

Now all we get are a few guff articles and a page from the official F1.com site trying to convince everyone that Red Bull may not be as quick as you think they are.

it was interesting listening to lando. teds notebook & i think from he was saying the car improved from last yr. but the car is still struggling in slow speed corners

but also the aston martin i don't think has impressed the drivers. alonso didn't seem impressed & the long pause between ted asking a question & stroll saying early days. seemed to be stroll mentally racking his brain on how do i say this car is below expectations & will be disappointing season without upsetting those at the factory

Last edited:
How did I miss that the Bahrain and Saudi races were being held on a Saturday this year? Does tradition mean nothing?

I think it’s due to Ramadan The Artist.....
you wait 35 yrs for a saturday race & you get 3 in 4 races LOL

yeah from what i hear johnny right, ramadan starts/ends on 10th March. they asked of they could put it back 24hrs. F1 agreed, but because saudi are the 2nd race, the laws state there must be 7 days between each race. which means that bahrain had to be moved back 24hrs as well

Back
Top Bottom