Grand Prix 2023 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

After seven rounds and nearly a third of the season completed, it's finally time for the first race in Europe with the traditional Grand Prix European start on Sunday afternoon. & so welcome to the MSC Cruises Gran Premio del Made in Italy e dell'Emilia-Romagna, not the San Marino grand prix. its a very catchy title im sure youll agree. We are returning to the circuit after a hiatus caused by flooding, which led to its abandonment in 2023. Although F1 debuted only in 1980, it boasts a remarkable heritage, both positive and negative. Interestingly, it was the pandemic that revived Imola, as it was nearly relegated to being one of the historic circuits that F1 had forgotten, such as Nurburgring, Magny Cours, and Estoril.

1982 Villenueve & pironi battle for the lead. the Multi 21 of its time where Villenueve lead when team orders where imposed & he felt that pironi ignored & overtook him going to win the race. Gilles reportedly refused to speak to his team & was tragically killed 2 weeks later at zolder

1985 - arguably 1 of the most bonkers end to a grand prix F1 has seen, of the 11 drivers that were provisionally classified 6 of them ran out of Fuel. 2 of them lost the lead because that of that issue, Prost was disqualifed for being underweight for running out on the slow down lap & podium consisted of Elio de Angelis who won without ever leading, Boutsen who had to push his car across the line to finish second & Patrick Tambay who came third a lap down

1994 - the Darkest Weekend in F1 history, dont need to say much more

1999 - Hakkinen crashing out of a certain win at the final corner

2005 - the great battle where it was beginning of Old Guard v New Guard, Schumacher V alonso. & his defensive drive to hold off Schumacher to win, even if it more known in UK for the greatest battle we never saw, as ITV went to adverts with 3 laps to go

After Lando Norris brilliant Maiden victory in America & interesting fact who was the 1st driver that won their Maiden F1 Grand Prix on american soil. was Bruce Mclaren so it mustve be written in the stars. are we in for competitive year that we weren't expecting.

& also these are the times for the 1st european race & if your watching on sky sports F1 we have a change in commentary box as Crofty will miss his 1st race since i think the 2007 european gp where Marcus winklehock lead in a spyker in his only F1 outing

1715950568461.png

All of a sudden a little bit of adversity, and Max Verstappen starts having multiple meltdowns. It looks after FP2 like the upgrades at Ferrari are working.

7th in FP2 isnt good espically after a tough FP1. i saw 1 bookies had him 8/13. it must have been nearly 2 years since he was as long as that. he started the weekend at 1/5

7th in FP2 isnt good espically after a tough FP1. i saw 1 bookies had him 8/13. it must have been nearly 2 years since he was as long as that. he started the weekend at 1/5
O.5 seconds down that's a lot of time to make up . I think Mclaren and Ferrari will give them.a race

2 questions i think most will after that qualifying, where did Ferraris pace go, looked so good until qualifying & where did max's come from. impressive because he was nowhere all weekend

2 questions i think most will after that qualifying, where did Ferraris pace go, looked so good until qualifying & where did max's come from. impressive because he was nowhere all weekend
That is puzzling if you were Ferrari. Still given its only 2 tenths between the top 4 we could be 8n for a real race

Mercedes will have a lonely race for 5th.

Hulkenberg is finding speed out of Haas but will drop back .

Perez could not have made a poor quali given two RBs in front of him

Alonso has been so poor this weekend you wonder if Aston will regret re-signing him early.

The start tomorrow Piastri will not hold back from Verstappen if they are racing wheel to wheel

Turns out he got towed along

The irony in that is he never bothers giving his teammate tows

Piastri penalised

Which means its Max vs Lando to the first corner ? I hope Lando is not a softy anymore about picking his battles because he has a car just as fast now

Piastri penalised

Which means its Max vs Lando to the first corner ? I hope Lando is not a softy anymore about picking his battles because he has a car just as fast now
If Lando can get into the lead on the first corner, he will win the race. He has the faster race car (based on FP1/2). Verstappen is pretty special in qualifying!

Back
Top Bottom