2016-17 Silly Season. Drivers Market

If Mercedes wanted a german world champion they shouldn't have prolonged Hamiltons contract, but have gotten a solid nr.2 for Rosberg.

Their current drivers take too many points off of eachother with running the other off the track.

Last edited:
Grosjean and Bottas reaction :bawl::teary::bangfists:

I'm very disappointed at the news because here is a chance for Ferrari to make a statement of intent and look towards the future as well

ironically Marciello who they dropped from the driver's programme is leading GP2 standings

Well 2017 will be more interesting then given both Vettel and Raikkonen will be out of contracts and unless they both perform they could have 2 new drivers for 2018. So last warning to Vettel , Raikkonen and Arrivebene to deliver you'd think

So who else should worry about their seats then?

Rosberg - apparently not but that was before the team issued a warning about the driver's on track behaviour

Bottas - has a contract option for next year

Would Toto consider swapping them if Wehrlein is not ready yet to be promoted?

Button - Don't think he can stay at Mclaren unless Alonso retires because Van Doorne is almost a certainty to be in the team next season

Massa - It appears he aint staying at Williams and will be replaced

Palmer - Under serious pressure from other young drivers Renault want to promote

Perez - staying at Force India now as Haas is probably not a good option for him

Gutierrez - staying because of team sponsors

Magnussen - same contract as Palmer but seems to be under less pressure for his seat

Vettel could win a grand Prix by a full lap with one arm tied behind his back and a blindfold on and it would still not be good enough for some people.

Always happens when a driver and team has a long period of dominance. People Don't like it. They want it to be shown to be a huge fluke.

Bushi

Thanks for your sarcasm if you have bothered reading previous posts I've been saying Raikkonen should be dropped all along :facepalm:and Vettel would be coming to to the end of his 3 year contract

Only reason Ferrari have stuck to the same set up - no one else around allegedly and don;t want to upset Vettel

Ferrari would have gone 3 years with the same team set up - management and drivers and if they dont win you not think they would start to consider changing the drivers or management?

Longest management - driver combinations Ferrari have had

Domenicali, Alonso and Massa - 2010 -2013 ... eventually they dropped Massa thinking Alonso's needs more push from Raikkonen . Only for Alonso to have had enough and leaving at the end of the following

Todt, Schumacher and Barrichello 2000-2005 ... Barrichello left realising he could never be No 1 but Schumacher was forced to retire the following season

Todt, Alesi and Berger -1993-1995 ... Ferrari replaced both drivers because neither was capable of delivering the drivers title

Alonso and Schumacher lasted longer because they were able still the best and able to show that they were able to get the team to be competitive enough to challenge for the driver 's title

So if things don't improve with Vettel being No 1 in the team then Ferrari would not hesitate to hire someone else like Hamilton and offer a king's ransom to do so

You make it seem like you never insinuated that Vettel should leave unless he performs. Why don't you read your previous post again Il_leone . ;)

I don't think Vettel would mind a different teammate who's more competitive. But who can disagree with there current driver combo, there are no inter team politics. Look at Merc, or back in the day with Alonso and Hamilton.

Alonso also partly left, because they hired Kimi.

Ferrari would have had at least 1 win this season, if only they wouldn't have had the worst strategist on the grid.

I personally think that Vettel might move on, if he got the offer of a really good team, ( Mercedes) , he's very competative, he wants to win. Ferrari aren't offering him wins. Vettel is a racer, he doesn't want to be a development driver.

Bushi

Alonso left because he was fed up of the Ferrari politics even he felt he was fighting a losing cause and telling them that their approach was not working

the problem I see currently the current line up is Kimi is just is not quite on it when there are opportunities for race wins.. he could have won Spain

Well Ferrari have decided to play poker again and consider prizing Hamilton for 2018 now they have laid their cards on the table somewhat for doing so as it just happens Vettel's contract is up then so would they be either in the same team or swap seats is the question?

I don't think its a certainty that Vettel will get extended as the minimum he has to deliver for Ferrari is a runners up position and show that he can take the fight to Mercedes consistently

Looks like I cursed a few drivers in GP2

Marciello loses the lead after race 1

After rubbishing him previously Gasly wins and takes the lead in the championship - a nice reminder to Helmut about a 2nd seat at Toro Rosso

Lynn has a another bad race - so can;t see him getting promoted to Williams next year unless he has better consistency

Rowland - he's right up there and Jolyon Palmer should watch out for his seat at Renault

Amazingly 6 drivers separated by 7 points

Last edited:
I agree that Oli Rowland is making a case to be in F1 BUT will Renault gamble on him then for next season when they are spoilt for choice in having possibly Vandoorne or Ocon?

RasputinLives True but it seems that Vasseur rates Vandoorne very highly and Ocon is the most talked about French prospect - Would Renault need to field a driver based on their nationality?

It would be a shame if it is at the expense of Rowland

Last edited:
Vandoorne is tied to Mclaren and Ocon to Merc. Whilst Merc let Ocon test in the Renault I doubt when it comes down to it either party would agree a race deal. Renault aren't Manor. I could be wrong of course.

Not that I would't want to see Ocon in a race seat though. I think he's prob one of the best youngsters out there. That's why I'm gutted Merc have sent him down the stupid DTM development route.

Back
Top Bottom