Pre-Season 2013 Car Launches

Looks like all the launches this year are going to be incredibly boring. It seems like the first time for quite a while where the regulations haven't changed enough to make a significant difference to the cars.

So, the obvious question. Did they just change the nose for Lewis last year? That is when Jensons problems started, so was the change simply to help Lewis considering they seem to have gone back to the old nose?

They still have the step, they've just covered it up with a modesty panel.

mclaren-nose.jpg

Image courtesy of Ted Kravitz.

Edit: Apparently Ron is furious that image is in the public domain. Not because the internal design of the nose is on display, just due to the state of the workshop.

Brogan. Still? I didn't think McLaren ever had a step last year.

RickD. Because Jenson struggled with a new part on the car, or at least his struggles correlated with the introduction of said part, - which i am sure was designed to improve overall performance relative to McLaren's rivals - does not mean necessarily that it was designed to help Lewis to the detriment of Jenson. All it means for sure is that Lewis was able to adapt to change better or that the changes were less significant to him. Seems like straw-clutching to suggest otherwise, from my perspective. That sort of conversation probably belongs in the defunct Lewis vs Jenson thread, anyway, but my answer is no.

As i've said on the McLaren thread... Pull-rod front suspension.....
Makes me wonder if Ferrari will actually have the upper hand since they ran pull rod in 2012. The McLaren MP4-28 nose is a lot higher, looks like a design Scarbs wrote about in his 2013 rules/trends. I am very excited to see the battle between McLaren and Ferrari, especially since they both used the Toyota wind tunnel. As a Ferrari fan, I hope Nigel Stepney does no work at the Toyota wind tunnel and is actually employed by JRM...

Looking at them is the 2013 running a more aggressive rake? I noticed the angle of the bottom of the front wing and then followed the floor of the car back and it seems to be in more of a nose-dive stance, similar to the Red Bulls of late.

Back
Top Bottom