Pre-Season 2013 Car Launches

This is the OAKWRIGHTS Green Oak car that we built back in 2007 for the Carpenters fellowship meet... probably faster than an HRT LOL

Attachments

• P9080293.JPG
    P9080293.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 136
FB. That is very rude of them and makes me wonder why you were suprised at the vitriol directed at Red Bull management. Unless they fobbed you off with a work experience boy.

LOL

Not to get too off topic but it was the drinks company head office rather than the F1 team. I think the line was something like "we don't lend any of our equipment to anyone". Wonder if you are supposed to send the empty cans back to them?

I heard a rumour today about 14th Feb for one of the teams. Not sure of the strength of it. I won't disclose anything until I know. Please don't make public guesses or press me on it. Some of you will have an idea of who I am talking about.

They'd miss the first test then, which is interesting. I wonder how many other teams won't have their new cars ready? I think I'm right in saying it was only Mercedes, Marussia and HRT last year and there's fewer rule changes so I thought everyone would make it this year.

Or maybe the fact that the rules haven't really changed means the teams are more willing to sacrifice a test in favour of more development time since they can be more confident that they understand their package.

We'll have to wait and see...

As ExtremeNinja shows with his deftly sneaked sneak preview, McLaren's designers have been heavily influenced by the movie "Jaws". Using malicious CAD and CFD technology they have come up with a car that will frighten the opposition out of the way. We can reveal that to add to the terror tactic effect the exhaust system has been re-engineered using the Coanda effect combined with ramjet technology to produce a "bom ... bom ... ... bom ... bom" exhaust note that incrementally increases in volume and intensity as the car homes in on anyone in front. Coincidentally, the McLaren will only become truly visible when the dots are finally joined up as the lead Macca crosses the finish line.:)

Edit: In the nine minutes it took me to come up with my little punch line, Greenlantern101 has succeeded in spoiling the gag. Doh!

Back
Top Bottom