WTF! Vaping banned

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
Almost half a million people die from smoking related diseases every year in the US.

Hundreds of people are killed every year by gun toting rednecks with AR-15s (and other guns which have no place in any civilised society).

Six people have died from vaping.

The obvious course of action is to ban vaping.

Clearly the vaping lobby don't spend nearly enough on bribing American politicians.

Angel

🧸 Smile, it might never happen.
Contributor
Though to be fair, vaping hasn't been around that long and was heralded as a safe way of getting off 'evil' cigarettes. Now they know that this is looking like being even more dangerous I guess it's good they're trying to protect people. You're right though, there are many, many way more dangerous things out there that need urgent attention first.

sobriety

Pole Sitter
I thought they were just banning fruity/sweet vape flavours as they were proving somewhat moreish to children, rather than just banning vaping outright?

Grizzly

Bear
Contributor
Walking. That's dangerous. More than 6,000 people died in the US last year walking. For heavens sake will someone please think of the children and ban this evil practice!

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
sobriety you're right, it's just flavoured vaping for now, but still, of all the things to ban ...

This is what Trump had to say on it:
And that's how the First Lady got involved. I mean, she's got a son -- together -- that is a beautiful, young man, and she feels very, very strongly about it. She's seen it.
That's his own son (apparently) that he's referring to there.

Ruslan

Points Scorer
It is not confirmed that "vaping" is the cause of the lung problems. A lot of the vapors also use THC, and who knows what some of it is mixed with. A commentator on BBC noted that these lung problems have not shown up in the UK.

Top Bottom