Current Toro Rosso

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
By being 2016 Formula Renault 2.0 champion and 2017 European Formula 3 champion he has the required 40 points in the last 3 years to qualify for one.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
Remember when Vandorne was in the McLaren junior programme and turned down a Torro Rosso drive? Not gone too well for him. Take it Lando. Ricciardo could leave and you could be in the Red Bull by 2019.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Lando will not get into Red Bull because they have Sainz or Gasly to fall back on. As far as this story its a rather strange situation where Toro Rosso now seems to be the team to blood young drivers for all teams not just Red Bull so it seems right now

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
I respectively disagree. Red Bull have a history of promoting the new hot star on the block above their established talent (see Verstappen, Kvyat and Vettel). I reckon if Norris showed on and wowed the socks off people for half a season then he'd be in that Red Bull seat faster than you could say 'contract clause'.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
RasputinLives Norris vs Verstappen I think Max might actually headbutt someone if he is showed up by Norris

I wonder if Mclaren have an expensive contract clause or not to make Red Bull pay a hefty bill to sign him for a youngster? They will a huge fight on their hands or potentially ask for a driver trade which I can see possibly being Carlos Sainz

Last edited:

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
Since we don't have a thread for engines then I suppose Hartley's fireworks should go in here. Anyone know how many laps each of this season Honda engines have done?

From the BBC: "Brendon Hartley's been forced to stop in the middle of the track. Some very unpleasant sounds coming from his engine. Looked as if there were flames coming from the exhaust at the back of the Toro Rosso."

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
On another note I would love to see a driver as entertaining as Markalov in F1. I don't by any means think he is a future champion but boy is he great to watch.

Top Bottom