Current Toro Rosso

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Someone should spell out that Toro Rosso is Red Bull in Italian so Red Bull Red Bull Honda ...maybe they should call themselves a load of Bull Honda

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
I've lost the link but, apparently, Toro Rosso are the only team not to be faster than they were in 2017 around Albert Park.

RasputinLives

Doesn't look a bit like Jesus
Contributor
*shrug* Do Honda down as much as you want but the sport needs engine suppliers not manufacturer teams so I'm supporting any progress they make. They've been blocked at every turn by the big names in the sport because they don't want a competitor and consistently bad mouthed in the press. Yet they are still here and still trying. I respect them for that.

Not like Merc who pull out of things as soon as they are not winning.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Did someone say that there is a three engine limit for the season? What happens if all three have gone bang by July?

Il_leone

Champion Elect
I hope the FIA don't bow to Mercedes and Ferrari pressure because it can only be good for F1 if other manufacturers can come in and supply decent engines

take a look at Moto GP you had potentially 4 bike manufacturers who could have won the opening race and the satellite teams were able to keep pace with the factory teams

That would only be good for F1 if more than 2 teams can win races

----------------

Anyone seen JEV's view on how Hartley has been given a second life at Red Bull considering he was dropped in 2010

Vergne: Hartley call-up 'makes me laugh' | PlanetF1

RasputinLives

Doesn't look a bit like Jesus
Contributor
Really pleased for Honda and their performance in Bahrain. I don't think this means they'll be consistently in the top ten from now on but it's a good start. Hopefully they'll continue to improve as the year goes on. Keep this up and they are seriously putting themselves into play as an engine option for Red Bull next year.

Oh and I might have to eat a little humble pie on Gasly as he is doing very well.

Top Bottom