The (Un)Official 2018 Clip The Apex Forum Awards!

Andyoak

Race Winner
Angel, my mother has been living with it for 20+ years.

I realise that finances may not be available; but if you can, the ear operation that can be done to reduce the effects made a real difference. She can now handle flying (with a couple of days feeling crappy) and long drives.

Before that she was knocked flat for weeks after a bad session; and it was the constant exhaustion of living with it that galvanised her into finding the money for the operation.

Best of luck, and just relax until you feel better.

Angel

🧸 Smile, it might never happen.
Contributor
Angel, my mother has been living with it for 20+ years.

I realise that finances may not be available; but if you can, the ear operation that can be done to reduce the effects made a real difference. She can now handle flying (with a couple of days feeling crappy) and long drives.

Before that she was knocked flat for weeks after a bad session; and it was the constant exhaustion of living with it that galvanised her into finding the money for the operation.

Best of luck, and just relax until you feel better.
I can beat you mother Andyoak sadly I've had this for over 30 years now, I was only 21 when I got it :teary: I'm glad the operation has been good for her. I've looked into it and the most beneficial operation for me is not open to me because I'm already too deaf apparently. The other option would leave me with a risk of being completely deaf and I'd rather live with the symptoms than risk that thanks. I do manage to control it to some degree by diet. I haven't had a spell as bad and long lasting as this one in ages, I guess it had to happen again eventually. I just keep thinking the longer it goes on, the closer I must be to feeling better again hopefully.

Thanks for all the kind words and messages, it means a lot :love: I am now thinking by the time I can feel up to doing all this now it could be too close to Christmas and so on, it's probably best if we do them starting January 1st, (fingers crossed and with a following wind ;)) I hope that's okay with you all. Thanks again :friends::heart:

Angel

Contributor
American Astronaut Alan Shepard suffered from the same illness which prevented him flying for years.

Hope you manage to feel better soon Angel

Take it steady.

Yes, I did know that actually. He's lucky he could fly, a lot of the time lately I can barely walk in a straight line! :rolleyes:

Angel

Contributor
Okay get excited people, I almost have the list of awards ready for you to get your nominations on (I'm aiming for Wednesday ;))

So get your thinking caps on, and be back here on Wednesday to start getting those names put forward!!! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom