The (Un)Official 2018 Clip The Apex Forum Awards!

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
Okay everyone, get excited. Coming soon to a forum near you, i.e. here, will be the (Un)Official 2018 Clip The Apex Awards. :cheer::yesss:

What's that I hear you ask? :unsure: Well it's much as it sounds. It's an awards ceremony for the forum. It will be a date in the diary type event and I'll expect you all to be in formal attire when they're handed out, obviously. :yes:

At the end of the season, when F1 is over for another year and we all face that long wait for the team launches and the excitement of testing (I use the word excitement loosely). What better way to fill those empty days and indeed weeks than to come here and take part in the awards?

As Sponsor, host, director, and general dogsbody for said awards, I will be putting up a list of the awards up for grabs after the last race in Abu Dhabi. I will then open nominations and this is the part where they become all about you, the good forumers of Clip The Apex. I will ask you to come in and either post your nominations for each award on the forum in the thread provided, or if you're shy/sneaky they can sent to me by private message.

Once nominations close I will then add up who has most in each category and then we all vote. I say we, but as is tradition in these events (these are not my first awards) I won't be casting a vote unless there is a tie break at the end of the allowed voting time. Should there be a tie break, I will cast the deciding vote. Well there has to be some perk to doing all the work associated with these things. :p

As well as voting on the main awards, I will also be asking for nominations for 'Special Awards'. These are as they sound, special awards for someone or some people who deserve a shout out. Given the amount of members here and the fact this could get out of hand I'm afraid I will have to limit the Special Awards to one per member, so get your thinking caps on for who you think deserves such an honour.

To give you an example,

The Clip The Apex Superhero Award: Awarded jointly to Brogan and cider_and_toast for all the work they put into this forum to make it a great place for us all to visit.

Get the idea? Good.

So get excited, and start thinking about what special award you'd like to nominate and to whom. I will ask for the nominations for the special awards when the official list of awards goes up for nominations. As I said, that will be at the end of the F1 season. So don't hurry off and go into hibernation, remember, your forum awards need you!!! They won't be any good without the support of all you good people. I'm relying on you all to participate, who knows, you might win something and just think of the bragging rights you will have if you do!! ;)

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Great idea. Maybe we can incorporate 2018 driver of the year into this as well

Also the dress code. Ive got this floral shirt, suede shoes & a hat. That been left unused as i try to get into another event but got turned away LOL

Last edited:

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
Great idea. Maybe we can incorporate 2018 driver of the year into this as well

Also the dress code. Ive got this floral shirt, suede shoes & a hat. That been left unused as i try to get into another event but got turned away LOL
Hmm, that doesn't sound formal to me......

Sure, I can make driver of 2018 one of the categories if you want, but these awards were thought up with the the good people of CTA in mind. But for you F1Brits_90 I will make an exception. I just wonder if it will get as many votes hidden in amongst these awards as it would in the other section is all.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
To be fair F1Brits_90 we do tend to have the Formula 1 Awards at the end of each year (usually done by teabagyokel ) ......

2016 Formula One Awards

And of course FB's big fat review of the year which is where I know it's nearly Xmas time.

I like Angel's idea of a CTA specific awards. Now sure who is going to win my vote for best moderator though. Tough one that. They are all rubbish :p

Brogan gets the 'that'll teach you award' though for the time he made my username Rayfromtoronto for an entire weekend.

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
gethinceri and I will both vote for him in all awards so can you put that in now to save confusion later Angel. I will also be voting for anyone who is especially nice to me, such as olegg and Ray from Toronto..

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
RasputinLives vote for this mysterious fella.

He's not been around for a while bit still a better mod than the chimp we have at the moment.

IMG_20181016_204102.png

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Hmm, that doesn't sound formal to me......

Sure, I can make driver of 2018 one of the categories if you want, but these awards were thought up with the the good people of CTA in mind. But for you F1Brits_90 I will make an exception. I just wonder if it will get as many votes hidden in amongst these awards as it would in the other section is all.
:oops:

Ive got the tone wrong my bad :facepalm:

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
gethinceri and I will both vote for him in all awards so can you put that in now to save confusion later Angel. I will also be voting for anyone who is especially nice to me, such as olegg and Ray from Toronto..
What? Who?
I'm giving a 10 for everyone nominated, except for Bahrain - they can flipping flip off.

Can I nominate olegg for greatest perseverence? Bless him, I can't understand most of it, but he does liven many of us up!

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Can I nominate olegg for greatest perseverence? Bless him, I can't understand most of it, but he does liven many of us u
I've grown to like him & nice to have a forgien take on things. Even if its seems Like 1 of those films where an spy goes undercover but during the mission accidently falls in love

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
Nominations aren't officially open yet but I've taken down some notes ;)

Yes these awards are for the forum members, as nominated for and voted on by the forum members. I did see what teabagyokel does, but this is different.

For the record, I did check with Brogan and cider_and_toast that it was okay with them for me to do this. They very kindly said yes :friends:

Last edited:

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
They're officially unofficial but have officially been approved. The site is not directly involved, with the only official involvement being to officially approve the members request to run an unofficial award ceremony.

Hope that makes sense?

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
I think that makes them the official awards then Angel!
I did originally put official, but his Brogan-ness explained why they can't be and he changed it to (un)official. Who am I to argue? It's completely fine by me, I am more than happy that I get to do them, whether they're official or not. You still get bragging rights if you win them so what does it matter?

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
I hope you have all got your thinking caps on, the nominations will open after the last race of the season.

Just wondering, are there any particular awards you think we should be voting on? If you have any suggestions please do tell me, I want these awards to be all about the members here, not all about me, I just thought it would be a fun idea to keep us busy when the racing is over for a while.

Oh and for the record, I won't be running any awards that might cause anyone to be upset, only positive awards please.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
We always have fun with best and worst predictions at end of the year so that might be a good one to vote on.

Best thread?

Best Profile pic?

Sexiest member with a username referencing a historical monk?

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
Some good ideas there RasputinLives I had already been thinking along those lines which is nice.

I think I might not use the last one though, can't think why :p;)

Top Bottom