Politics The Politics thread

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
also if conseratives call a general election (which is ironic name considering last few years) then Boris would break a record that has been there since 1829 as the shortest reigning prime minister, George canning had a 119 day reign & boris would be 83 days

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Here's a peculiar thing. Much was made of the the connection between Ford's decision to close Bridgend and the connection with Brexit. In fact it was The Donald who precipitated the closure of the engine plant there by putting tariffs on car parts from Mexico. Ford have an engine plant in Mexico which was left with a load of spare capacity as they had moved lots of manufacturing back to the US. They then had the choice of refurbishing Bridgend or making the new engines in Mexico and shipping them across to Europe. They chose Mexico, **** all to do with Brexit.

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
There is some suggestion that when he initially said Alabama, he meant the Bahamas,

Of course he would never admit to a mistake like that (despite it being very common with him), so he then doubled down by stating Alabama several times, and going so far as to draw on an official map with a sharpie an extended plot to cover Alabama.

There's no doubt trump did it - he uses a sharpie for everything.

Ruslan

Points Scorer
There is some suggestion that when he initially said Alabama, he meant the Bahamas,

Of course he would never admit to a mistake like that (despite it being very common with him), so he then doubled down by stating Alabama several times, and going so far as to draw on an official map with a sharpie an extended plot to cover Alabama.

There's no doubt trump did it - he uses a sharpie for everything.
One of the cable news channels (CNN or MSNBC) reported today that according to staff, it was drawn by him.

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
Does this imply that his brother is not part of his family? After all he could spend lots if time in Parliament with him.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
One of the papers predicted a few weeks back that Bercow knew his days in the seat were numbered and therefore was going out in a blaze of his own self importance.

I remember when he first got the job, he was carried by Labour votes because he was deeply unpopular as a Tory MP in his own party and Labour were happy to make a bit of mischief.

Few would of believed back then how bonkers it would all get.

Angel

🧸 Smile, it might never happen.
Contributor
Originally Bercow was supposed to leave at the summer recess after all those stories about him being a bully and so on, or so I read anyway. He then decided to stay 'until Brexit was sorted' apparently. I won't be sorry to see him go, I never did like him.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Tier two of the UK legal system has now declared BJ's shutting Parliament as unlawful.

Tier 3 is the Supreme Court where the case will be heard on Tuesday.

If they confirm the Scottish Court verdict then the government can appeal to the remaining tier. The European Court of Justice.

🤣

Top Bottom