Politics The Politics thread

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
I have a friend who lives in Scarborough Angel, I went to stay with him whilst the Tour de Yorkshire was on. The weather was cold and wet which he said was normal for this year. I met up with him in London last week, he said that the weather had improved a couple of weeks before but overall it had still not been good.

From my experience tomatoes are reluctant to grow in clod weather, mine are just coming on stream which is decidedly later than usual, they were once again stopped by the spring weather.
I agree you need the weather to grow them outdoors, but they have these huge poly tunnels in places to grow them in. I believe the biggest one is in Kent, so where do all the tomatoes they grow end up? I'm guessing abroad if we can't find them in our shops and supermarkets.

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
At trump's latest rally yesterday he reiterated that the noise from windmills causes cancer, and he is going to cure aids and childhood cancer.

It's not clear which specific cancer he meant, or whether it was all of them.

His worshippers of course lapped it up.

Surreal.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
When the Roman Empire fell apart it was because everyone was going mad due to lead poisoning. Has anyone checked the pipe work in the White House lately.
:D

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
In 1973 Richard Nixon lied to Congress and the American people and was forced to resign before facing certain impeachment.

In the mid 90's Bill Clinton lied to Congress and the American people, he was impeached but survived in office.

In the late 2010's Trump can say what the hell he likes and no one seems to care.

What a mad world we now live in.

Ruslan

Points Scorer
In 1973 Richard Nixon lied to Congress and the American people and was forced to resign before facing certain impeachment.

In the mid 90's Bill Clinton lied to Congress and the American people, he was impeached but survived in office.

In the late 2010's Trump can say what the hell he likes and no one seems to care.

What a mad world we now live in.
Well, when Nixon (Republican) was president the House and the Senate were controlled by Democrats. In Clinton’s second term, the House and the Senate were controlled by Republicans. Currently the House (which has the power to impeach) is controlled by Democrats. , while the Senate (which actually tries the President) is controlled by Republicans. It is not madness. It is mathematics.

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
Well I hope after Brexit is sorted out we will be able to buy our own products for a change. We used to be able to, I've not had this issue other years.

I know I should grow my own but when I tried that the slugs had a field day with them and all I got was annoyed!!

Isle Of Wight tomatoes sound good vintly sadly I don't live anywhere near a Waitrose though :(
It's going to be shit.

vintly

Mostly bacon
Premium Contributor
80394B27-C66F-4E73-ADDA-BF06143A0368.jpeg
Angel the tomato thing made me look into it a bit more. The nice lady at britishtomatoes.co.uk got back to me with this:

“Thanks for getting back to me, yes I am absolutely sure Aldi, Asda, Booths, Co-op, Lidl, Morisons, M&S, Sainsburys, Tesco and Waitrose (have I left anyone out?) all stock British tomatoes, however, due to the limited number of British Growers, even at this time of year, they only provide around 40% of the market so the other 60% will be imports.

The tomato nursery in the Isle of Wight supplies M&S, Tesco, Sainsburys and as you know Waitrose”

And if it helps, my neighbour grows theirs in hanging baskets - safe from slugs. You can also put a cut section of a plastic bottle around the base of any plant - guaranteed slug-stopper.

siffert_fan

Too old to watch the Asian races live.
Contributor
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49226573

Yet another massacre, this time undeniably race-based.The gunman's postings approx 20 minutes before the deed basically being an echo of Trump's racist diatribes. Yet (unsurprisingly) Trump's spokesman denies any connection between Trump's hate-filled screeds and the racist actions of white supremecists.

When will the Americans wake up and recognize that all of the hate-filled rhetoric emanating from Trump has an influence on the simple-minded and strident white supremicists?

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Whenever events like this take place I end up seeing the final scene from War Games where the computer learns that there is no scenario where anyone wins in a nuclear war.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Americans will never do anything, i said after las Vegas 49 dead, the worst massacres in American history. a year after previous worst massacre in American history, that if American dont do anything they never will i wash my hands of it. & they didn't, 107 deaths werent enough they never will.

because Americans are thick (apart from brogan & other American CTA members of course)

Top Bottom