The pedantic, speeling and grammer thread's

Fenderman

Rooters Reporter
Methinks, we should allow some latitude for the poor souls who rely on their spellcheckers to "spot" correctly spelt words that may have been misplaced in their prose. Their/they're, affect/effect, lose/loose, breaks/brakes, etc. are classic examples of words innocently mixed as one types.

I try not to get irrigated by such things, myself, since human beans are nit prefect and cant awl be good at righting.

Jen

Here be dragons.
Contributor
Methinks, we should allow some latitude for the poor souls who rely on their spellcheckers to "spot" correctly spelt words that may have been misplaced in their prose. Their/they're, affect/effect, lose/loose, breaks/brakes, etc. are classic examples of words innocently mixed as one types.

I try not to get irrigated by such things, myself, since human beans are nit prefect and cant awl be good at righting.
Bugger that Fenders, I want proper English :D

The Pits

Harumph. Again.
Valued Member
One of my favourite pranks was getting hold of my old managers PC, and adding the normal spelling errors in to the custom dictionary, words like fo, teh, hmi were all left unchecked in communications, much to everyones amusement.

Personally, I can allow for most spelling and grammar errors, except from those who make a point of picking up on others short comings.

That said, the consistent decline of the English language is a little upsetting, phrases like "I should of done something" makes me sigh, confusion between effect and affect, is an itch that must be scratched!

Uvver van vat, I is pre'y unbovvered.

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
My dear chap, if that's the only error you spotted then you need to pay more attention, Ninja and Jos should hang their heads too.
Or should I say hang they're head's to.

ExtremeNinja

Karting amateur
Contributor
My dear chap, if that's the only error you spotted then you need to pay more attention, Ninja and Jos should hang their heads too.
Or should I say hang they're head's to.
I'm not going to learn unless you specifically point out the errors. Rather than hanging my head, I am scratching it in bemusement.

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
Apostrophe missing in don't.
Incorrect colon usage (ooer!).
Apostrophe missing in we're.
Incorrect spelling of too.
:goodday:

ExtremeNinja

Karting amateur
Contributor
they both went out on softs for a 9 lap run,why would they be on different fuel levels?
also buttons first fllying lap was 1.40.9,hamiltons was 1.41.then after that lewis was quicker.plus his lap times didnt drop as quick as buttons.also when you look at their quickest laps,lewis is about .5 second quicker.add that to the fact button was complaining about lack of grip again like in china.......
Sorry buddy. I've been trying to stop myself from doing this for weeks but I can't contain myself any longer.

1. Sentences always begin with a capital letter
2. Commas and full-stops are always followed by a space
3. Names should always be capitalised

They both went out on softs for a 9 lap run so why would they be on different fuel levels? Also Button's first flying lap was 1:40.9, Hamilton's was 1:41. Then after that Lewis was quicker. Plus his lap times didn't drop as quickly as Button's. Also, when you look at their quickest laps, Lewis is about 0.5 seconds quicker. Add to that the fact that Button was complaining about lack of grip again like in china...
So sorry, but I do feel a lot better now. :wave:

Top Bottom