Music The Music Thread

F1Brits_90

Champion Elect
That hand costume giving the middle finger was possibly one of the greatest moments of Eurovision.

Yeah, the song was hilariously terrible but I laughed the whole way through it.
your right on that, when they were asking i could guess if they highlight or lowlight because strangely enjoyed germany because it was that funny

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
I can't believe any of you watch this shit and enjoy it. I'm also decidedly peeved that BBC money is paid to the EBU to support this. If it's so good let it go to ITV who can get Simon Cowell to choose the song and advertisers can fund the costs of EBU membership and of broadcasting this inane tat.

Oh, and I know it's a hoary old chestnut but Israel and Australia are not in Europe by even the wildest stretch of the imagination so if you are going include countries outside of Europe give the event another ****ing name!

Rant over.

F1Brits_90

Champion Elect
Oh, and I know it's a hoary old chestnut but Israel and Australia are not in Europe by even the wildest stretch of the imagination so if you are going include countries outside of Europe give the event another ****ing name!

appartantly austraila had been watching for decades & was 1 of there most watched shows despite it starting at 3am/5am. so they invited them to 60th anniversary on a 1 off, they seemed to go down well & nearly won it, so ended up being invited back & sort of havent left

Taggart didnt have Taggart in it & it carry on for 25 years, also dakar rally goes nowhere near dakar & hasnt for 13 years

Titch

World Champion
Premium Contributor
I can't believe any of you watch this shit and enjoy it. I'm also decidedly peeved that BBC money is paid to the EBU to support this. If it's so good let it go to ITV who can get Simon Cowell to choose the song and advertisers can fund the costs of EBU membership and of broadcasting this inane tat.

Rant over.
I didnโ€™t mean to like your rant. It was a finger slip ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
I hope youโ€™re feeling quite well now.
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
210772974_4477685535598228_5634756067946044609_n.jpg

Legs

Podium Finisher
Iโ€™m fortunate enough to have tickets to see Genesis in Manchester next month. Iโ€™m ashamed to say that although I love 80s and 90s Genesis, I struggle with some of their proggy, earlier output.

Iโ€™m therefore trying to teach myself how to enjoy 70s Genesis. I like In The Cage and Firth of Fifth, and Second Home By The Sea, which has progressive elements, is awesome. Iโ€™ve tried listening to Supperโ€™s Ready, but I just keep thinking about Brian Pern. What prog Genesis should I be listening to?

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Premium Contributor
Iโ€™m fortunate enough to have tickets to see Genesis in Manchester next month. Iโ€™m ashamed to say that although I love 80s and 90s Genesis, I struggle with some of their proggy, earlier output.

Iโ€™m therefore trying to teach myself how to enjoy 70s Genesis. I like In The Cage and Firth of Fifth, and Second Home By The Sea, which has progressive elements, is awesome. Iโ€™ve tried listening to Supperโ€™s Ready, but I just keep thinking about Brian Pern. What prog Genesis should I be listening to?
Without a doubt, Selling England by the Pound. Easily their most accessible Gabriel era album with some superb tracks on there.

When I saw Genesis at Earls Court in 93 they only played a medley of the early stuff so it's not as if you'll get a lot of the prog era anyway.

Funnily enough, the prog era album of theirs that I found the most hard going was "and then there were three" which shows signs of the later era but gets quite heavy at times.

Another good summing up of the earlier stuff is the "Three Sides Live" album which covers the whole 70's period up to ABACAB in 1981.

Top Bottom