1. If you can see this message then you are on the new server.

The site is now available via a secure URL: https://cliptheapex.com

Dismiss Notice

The Good News Thread

Discussion in 'Gravel Trap' started by FB, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Angel

Angel Happy to help. Contributor

Just had my eyes tested, I was expecting I might need glasses full time (according to how things have gone with the rest of my family) apparently my eyes are healthy and good and I don't. Even my reading glasses don't need changing so that's a bonus too.
    My sister will be furious of course, she needed glasses at a much younger age than I am now and she despises wearing them. I wasn't worried (I don't have any good looks to ruin ;) ) and I still don't need them.

Olivier, FB and gethinceri like this.
  2. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

In November 2008 I made a hot curry on the Saturday. later on in the weekend Mrs B had stomach pains despite having had that recipe several times before. On the Monday we went to see the doctor; she could not uncover any problem but did ask if Mrs B if she knew that she had a heart murmur.

This led to open heart surgery the following February then later stents (the Duke of Edinburgh had one to headlines whilst Mrs B had seven) followed later by better stints. She had her last lot of work done two years, since then it has been six monthly testing.

Today she was discharged to great rejoicing.

FB, Grizzly, cider_and_toast and 7 others like this.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Great news Bill Boddy - I hope you are spoiling her rotten. Maybe not with the same curry though!

Bill Boddy likes this.
  4. Angel

Excellent news Bill Boddy I am sure you are relieved and very happy as is Mrs Boddy. Best wishes to her for her continued good health.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  5. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Bill Boddy likes this.
  6. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Bill Boddy Happy Days. That’s such wonderful news, good things do happen.

:D

Bill Boddy likes this.
  7. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Great news Bill Boddy. It must be a great relief.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  8. Bill Boddy

It turned out that her original problem was nothing to do with what she had eaten. It was instrumental in bringing her artery problem to light , had it not happened she could well have had a heart attack some time later. She was slightly below average weight for her height and has never smoked in her like but her father also had the same problem.

9. Titch

Well after Eight long months in hospital Mr Titch has come home. Happy Days, it’s very chaotic though, carers twice a day and the district nurse from time to time. Hopefully we’ll have a routine going soon.

10. Angel

That's excellent news Titch I am sure you and Mr Titch are really pleased to have him back where he belongs. It means you won't have to go visiting either which will be a relief I bet. You're right, I am sure you will soon get into a new routine and all will be well. :cheer::)

Greenlantern101 and Titch like this.
  11. Bill Boddy

We have a fridge/freezer and an upright freezer. Recently the freezer part of the fridge freezer has been playing up. To compensate for that we have a friend of our daughter staying with us, she has just sold her house and is waiting to move into an apartment; she has brought a chest freezer and a fridge freezer. The kitchen is a bit crowded due ti the large freezer but it works.

Today we bought a fridge and fridge freezer combo (Bosch) from Costco, it was the same price as the combo in John Lewis but on special offer of £250 off. So soon we will have even more clutter. We intend to pay to have the faulty item removed, the working freezer, a Siemens just over 5 feet tall, we hope to give away to someone who will remove it. The drawback is that we can't remember how old it is, we brought it with us when we moved here in September 2003!

There was a further drawback but that is about become a rant.

12. Titch

With so many fridge freezers littered about the place Bill Boddy don’t get them mixed up, and give the wrong one away.

Bill Boddy likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice