The Good News Thread

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
There's always bad new in the papers and on the TV, let's celebrate some of the happier news. Here's mine for today:

It has been reported that a man who received 100 cold calls in two months is one of the first people to successfully claim compensation from a PPI firm. Steven Higgins, was called 94 times between October and November last year despite telling Synergy Leads Ltd he was not eligible for a payout. He filed a small claims application and invoiced the firm £10 per call. When the company did not respond he then made a claim for a default judgment at Northampton county court. Synergy Leads Ltd was last week ordered to pay him £940 for the calls, plus £60 costs for making the claim application.

Fenderman

Rooters Reporter
Rooting Today might have to get busy since good news will be in short supply other than happy stuff about: puppies saving little children (happens at least twice a decade); Royals having babies or getting married (not really interested and it could be said that;s bad for the taxpayer's pocket); somebody wins the lottery (but that's bad 'cause it wasn't me); Bernie get finally gets busted (might happen but do we really want our beloved Leprechaun to go to jail?); somebody who we like, has integrity, honesty and he welfare of his/her people at heart wins an election (could happen, might have happened, but even if it does happen political power corrupts so in hindsight it could be very, very bad); ...

... me and Mephistopheles will try to find some, I promise (even if he doesn't LOL .... promise, that is)

Jen

Here be dragons.
Contributor
In my current frame of mind, I'm wondering if that is 'good news' ! :dunno:

Mephistopheles

Banned
Contributor
I just thought that even though you set up the deckchairs Brogan that somehow a German still managed to claim it first....

The young lady with the lovely hat has no chance of creating any decent kind of sand sculpture as the sand is far to dry, bless her....

Brogan

Leg end
Staff member
The deckchairs are also provided, along with the parasols.
Bit annoyed that I had to pay for my own beers though :D

The sand is actually washed and extremely fine so it's not ideal but if you dig down a bit it is moist enough to make sandcastles :)

F1Yorkshire

Avatar for sale to the highest bidder
Contributor
Have you purchased yourself a rowing boat so you can cruise across from your building or do you have to trudge around in stinking London traffic?

Brogan

Leg end
Staff member
We just walk around the dock - the beach is at the end of it, so it's a few hundred metres.

Mephistopheles

Banned
Contributor
Due to the implementation of the new beach, have you had to make budgetary adjustments to your holiday requirements in this fiscal year on a net financial savings basis...? And where will these unexpected profits be channeled?

gethinceri

Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
I love the way that you have splashed out on plastic carriers rather than refugee bags for your trip to the "beach" Brogan. Very Trecco Bay!

Top Bottom