• No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Mephistopheles

Banned
Contributor
You certainly seemed to judge MI5 and MI6 pretty good, for creating terrorists, just by doing the job they are paid to do...

Hamberg

FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :)
Contributor
I do, you're right. Although I've never said that I've said practices by Mi5 recruitment (a small part) aids (not causes) radicalisation. But yes I've made judgements on presented evidence.

Deciding every politician is a selfish **** is quite different.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Old Paxo is a prolific writer, it's a wonder he has time to do anything else at all. Maybe he never sleeps.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Do those numbers indicate that 3 SNP's also supported the bill?
LOL

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Good stuff.

We have the referendum. I think the likely outcome is a 'yes' to stay in. The Tory right can finally shut up and UKIP can shut down. We can then all get on the with rest of our lives. Well, forget about Europe for a while. Then, and this is the one and only time we need to be more like France, we need to start making Europe work for us. Get rid of this British sense of fair play and help ourselves to the EU gravy train as much as the next man. Everyone wants to get the most they can out of the EU pie and while we stand around bitching about it, Germany and France just look on with a well we will even if you won't attitude.

If it's a no, let's leave the EU, then I think things become a lot more tricky. We aren't the 1st name on anyone's party invites any more, in fact we aren't 2nd, 3rd, 4th or maybe even 5th these days. Pretty soon we may have to start considering turning the G8 (when they let Russia come back and play) into the G9.

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
As expected, even if Cameron is able to get any changes agreed, it won't be possible to implement them before the referendum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33278440

So essentially those voting to stay in based on any anticipated changes will have to take it on faith that they will a) be agreed to and b) actually be implemented.

Of course it may all be moot if the whole pack of cards comes tumbling down due to Greece.

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
Some of us got our predictions right.

I suspect the campaigning will start soon and it's going to be a long, drawn out affair.
This entire thing is going to turn into a huge can of worms.

Others not so much 😁
We have the referendum. I think the likely outcome is a 'yes' to stay in. The Tory right can finally shut up and UKIP can shut down. We can then all get on the with rest of our lives. Well, forget about Europe for a while.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
It was, although the night before the results I had this uneasy feeling that when I woke up in the morning the world would have changed. But I was still stunned. My worst predictions realised.

Top Bottom