The anti-ranty thread

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
In February 2008 Mrs B had open heart surgery due to narrowed arteries since which time she has had a series of procedures mostly involving stents. The latest was Tuesday this week. She has just received a letter inviting her to an appointment for a checkup in May 2019.

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
Pub in the Park or How To Make A Fortune Out Of Public Parks By Making People Pay to Use Them Whilst Generating Excessively Loud Noises by Tom Kerridge.

Visiting | Pub in the Park with Tom Kerridge

From his shop here you can buy a beef burger (unseasoned and uncooked) for £1:50 or if you want it cooked it will cost you £7:50 so heaven knows what you have to pay for a meal at the event (own food not allowed in the enclosure).

We live ~300 metres from the event, the music(?) was too loud for us to enjoy the bbq in our back garden, what it was like in the enclosure I dread to think. I am thinking of getting a ghetto blaster and playing some loud Stravinsky opposite The Hand And Flowers, The Ship or The Butcher's Tap, I am sure that would be popular.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
I didn't think so either. Not in that company anyway and certainly no worse than the original cover of Appetite for Destruction by Guns and Roses. Commonly known as 'the rape' cover.

Angel

🧸 Smile, it might never happen.
Contributor
Okay I'm feeling quite proud of myself today. My vacuum cleaner is almost seven years old and I like it, so I was disappointed that the peddle which adjusts the height snapped and made it really difficult to use. Should I get a new one I thought? No. My daughter found the spare part online, I ordered it and with some encouragement and bad language, we got the old broken one out, and the new one in. So for less than a tenner I now have a fully functioning vacuum again which makes me happy.

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
After an awful half+ a day yesterday I dutifully went to the park with wife and dog and painful and doddery legs. When we got there I headed to the ice cream van (as I do most days that I go to the park). Medium cornet, no flake. We sat beside the river watching the boats go whilst Mrs. B chatted up a couple of strangers. Then I stood up, full of the joys of spring (even if a bit late) and ready for anything.

I felt like a new man.

Angel

🧸 Smile, it might never happen.
Contributor
I sometimes feel like a new man, then I remember I'm better off single :love::whistle:

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
I bought a hose which was "100% absolutely guaranteed never to kink".

It kinked so I contacted the manufacturer and their response was along the lines of "it's not guaranteed not to kink".

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
So pack your rubber duck
I'd like to wish you luck
Your funny cigarettes
Your sixty one cassettes
Pack all your clothes away
Your rubber hose away
Your old day-glows away
You're moving out today

Top Bottom