The anti-ranty thread

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
The chap who owns it has a "spare" which they are currently getting ready for road use so if anyone fancies popping to Tesco in a Le Mans spec Lola T70 let me know ;)

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
The chap who owns it has a "spare" which they are currently getting ready for road use so if anyone fancies popping to Tesco in a Le Mans spec Lola T70 let me know ;)
Yes please, the one at 2, Laluan Tasek Timur 6, Ipoh, Malaysia.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
A bit of a drive!! From London ? I would say it was a Hell of a drive. Beautiful I would imagine. I hope you were all wrapped up warm.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Watched the Le Mans film last night. No story what so ever but some great footage of the cars. There's a crash scene where one of the Gulf Porsche cars is destroyed and you can see the number from another, yellow car, underneath. The film crew put the bodywork of a Porsche on to the T70 you see above and crashed it as the Porsche was too valuable to bend.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
So my youngest son bailed on his job at the historic race team and went back to college to study engineering. Having completed the course he now has a new apprenticeship working at the biggest name in motorsport you have never heard of - Titan Motorsport and Automotive Engineering. He now spends his days making parts for Williams, Caterham, Aston Martin and McLaren, amongst others.

Last edited:

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Now here's a peculiar anti-ranty post. A couple of weeks ago I was taken in to hospital on the verge of kidney failure and with the staff concerned that I might develop sepsis. This might seem something to rant about but I was out within 3 days and although not fully recovered I'm am very much better than I was. Here's the positive, I haven't had a cigarette for over 3 weeks and don't plan to have another one.

Every cloud does have a silver lining it would seem.

Top Bottom