Terrorism

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Its funny. I've posted my comments on here and on Facebook and the only thing people have jumped on is the bit about the Arch Bishop.

'How dare you link this to Christianity?' 'I find you bringing Christianity into this offensive'

Etc, etc, etc.

Anyone else spotting the irony here?

Of course we don't fully know what this mans motivation was. If he was a Muslim however, we'd have it all sewn up in a neat little package by now.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
RasputinLives I reason I say I singled them out this time was because the other 3 was an attack on everyone they weren't choosey. but this was singled minded attack on a mosque & calculated attack for when they exiting as he had no intention to hurt anyone else but muslims

I touched upon yesterday but think the EDL & the huge :censored: that is Tommy Robinson :sick: have to take as much fault for yesterday as other lot got blamed for manchester & London bridge because both sides of people are as bad as each other. as both sides have videos that people watch (edl easier on youtube) are aggressively saying the other side wants to change your way of life & you've got to take action. obviously now few stupid idiots on both sides have been brainwashed by both sides videos

Rutherford

Podium Finisher
What is one to expect, if you have people blowing up children, stabbing and beheading people on the streets.
This isn't only down to the EDL or Tommy Robinson, and you might as well throw in Pat Condell, but to the Islamic State claiming these 'victories' over the west or Christianity in the name of Islam, they are stirring as much s**t as the EDL.
Of course there's going to be retaliation, even of the worst kind, there are plenty of idiots in the U.K. And Europe too.
Clearly, this is not the way to go about things and the government finally has to act to prevent these type of attacks.

By the way, it's just as easy to find Islamic State or Muslim propaganda, if you speak Arabic. One can even read their magazine, Dabiq, in English.

Hamberg

FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :)
Contributor
ISIS told the West don't interfere in Syria so they are now attacking innocent people 'in retaliation', US attack ISIS 'in retaliation' but kill a significant number of civilians. ISIS retaliate again by attacking civilians, civilian retaliates by mowing down innocent people because he felt provoked by people who have nothing to do with him.

It's all retaliation to something but suddenly when a white person does it, it's being said like some kind of excuse.

Nobody in that Mosque committed a terrorist attack. Why is someone allowed to hurt people who have nothing to do with it "in retaliation"?

jez101

Bookies drive nice cars because of people like me
Contributor
Rutherford I'm afraid the retalliation justification is lacking any historical perspective. You probably need to read up on how we got here. It didn't start in Syria in the last few years, or even in Iraq ten years ago. It has roots going through post 911 Afghanistan, Soviet-occupied, CIA-supported Afghanistan, Egypt in the 50s and 60s and before that right to the Crusades nearly 1,000 years ago.

If you are blinkered, Right and Wrong is full of grey areas. The only thing I can say for sure is that the war, the 'terror' will continue as long as people are fighting back. You can justify anything with the retailliation argument but that justification, that retalliation has no end.

Olivier

Race Winner
I sincerely doubt this attack will ruffle ISIS feathers. After all they are killing Muslims at a much higher rate than people from other faiths or points of view. If anything this attack is helping their cause.

Rutherford

Podium Finisher
Rutherford I'm afraid the retalliation justification is lacking any historical perspective. You probably need to read up on how we got here. It didn't start in Syria in the last few years, or even in Iraq ten years ago. It has roots going through post 911 Afghanistan, Soviet-occupied, CIA-supported Afghanistan, Egypt in the 50s and 60s and before that right to the Crusades nearly 1,000 years ago.

If you are blinkered, Right and Wrong is full of grey areas. The only thing I can say for sure is that the war, the 'terror' will continue as long as people are fighting back. You can justify anything with the retailliation argument but that justification, that retalliation has no end.
I'm not justifying anything (where did I do that, don't interpret things into my post - I even write that it's not the right way to tackle the issue, please read before trying to act clever) and I am aware of the history. I have previously stated on this thread that the superpower must stop using the Middle East as a play ground for their power struggles.

It is retaliation, because it is something that has previously not been here and most people, I don't know how, seem blissfully unaware of Europes history. People here, for the first time since WWII, feel like they're being attacked from outsiders and some are seeking revenge for these attacks on their home soil.
Thus, it is retaliation.

Last edited:

Rutherford

Podium Finisher
It's being a ****ing moron.
Of course it is, nonetheless, people feel like they are being attacked and keep hearing the same phrases over and over again. (Horrendous attacks Bla Bla Bla)
Secondly, they're falling for the ISIS propaganda. Their aim is to spur hatred among the communities and destabilise the west.
As I said, it's all working perfectly, because there are idiots on both sides.

That barely anyone is forcefully condemning these actions also shows that many are passively supportive of this provocative and terrorist behaviour towards the Muslim community.

Rutherford

Podium Finisher
RutherfordIf you are blinkered, Right and Wrong is full of grey areas. The only thing I can say for sure is that the war, the 'terror' will continue as long as people are fighting back. You can justify anything with the retailliation argument but that justification, that retalliation has no end.
I just re-read my post and I wonder why you are replying to me, as if I said it were ok, because you did not read it.
It's really annoying when someone doesn't even bother reading a post.

jez101

Bookies drive nice cars because of people like me
Contributor
I read the "what do you expect" opening and the "because the person felt provoked by previous events" follow up reply to Hamberg.

If you were not intending to explain the attack with these words, I'm sorry that I upset you.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Moderator chat:

Ladies and Gents. I know its an emotive subject and we all, myself included, stray a little close to the edge at times.

I encourage healthy and robust debate but let's keep it civil.

Take a deep breath and relax.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Well I'm going to use the retaliation word again.

I have a nasty feeling that those who worship the ISIS movement in the UK will use this latest lunatic attack, to launch retaliatory attacks.
The urge to keep young family members away from concerts and the usual summer stuff is huge, but you can't do that, you can't take away their youth.
It's all so sad. Mad. Bad and Sad.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
Daesh (can we stop calling them ISIS please they ain't a state and they do not represent Islam) are probably celebrating. They've killed near a million followers of the Muslim faith that Don't agree with them. They prob think the people at Finsbury Park had it coming.

Of course it's a great tool to use in future radicalisation

Bushi

Pole Sitter
Another one tried to a bomb attack in A Brussels trainstation yesterday evening. He was luckily taken out in time.

Top Bottom