• Alpha Tauri - Gasly

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Alpha Tauri - Tsunoda

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
We have some interesting driver line ups for 2021. Here's a chance for you to vote for who is going to win out in the intra-team head to head.

I suspect some will be a "slam dunk" but others could be very close.

I'm really not sure about Alfa Romeo - however mediocre Giovinazzi is, Kimi will decline to his level sooner or later. I don't trust Vettel but a four-time champion being beaten by Lance Stroll would leave an unpleasant taste in the mouth. And with Alpine I've voted more with heart than head.

The rest I'm relatively confident about.

No idea who half of them are but here are the votes from North Carolina.

1616544273162.png

My answers largely match the trend, but I think there could be a couple of upsets:
1) Norris has a good chance of beating Danny Ricciardo. Norris has the advantage of being familiar with the car and team. At Renault Ricciardo took a season to really get an edge over Ocon. Plus I think Norris is better than Ocon.
2) Agree with Brogan that Ocon could beat Alonso. Alonso could struggle initially given his sabbatical.

It would amuse me if Ocon did beat Alonso however, I would imagine that political manoeuvres may impact that team mate performance.

Plus, how would the Sky Sports F1 team and the hacks from Autosport write it up to show Alonso is the best driver on the grid?

do you mean like this

“What I’ve heard from the team is that he looked like he’d never left F1,”

“It took him 10 laps to find the limit of the car and then he got off and said ‘this doesn’t work, this doesn’t work either.’

“Certainly, with him, we have a great asset because he immediately pushes everyone to the limit and our aim is to give him a car that he has fun with and from there you never know what can happen in a Grand Prix.

“Maybe with some luck… I would love to put him in a position to win a race, that would be a win for everyone but who can guarantee that? We will do our best to do it, that’s for sure, for him and for Esteban as well.

Do you think Flabio pays other people to blow smoke up Fernando these days? Feck me, is he the most narcissistic F1 driver ever?

That can mean two things, 1/. the car's crap, 2/. he doesn't like it as he can't drive it fast enough, possibly because he's past it as a top driver:whistle:

I voted for Giovinazzi because he really burying Raikkonen into early retirement otherwise he should not be in F1 next season

I went for the obvious for the others including Vettel beating Stroll...when is Lance going to throw his toys out of the pram to his Dad

Alonso to beat Ocon for me although Esteban better prove me wrong

Norris shades Ricciardo for me

MSC to beat Marzipan but should Ferrari reconsider if he did not?

Back
Top Bottom