Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

there has been so many younger drivers that say, about numerous Feeder series driver, oh he was better than me but you have to want it

Not bad for a boy from Stevenage.
761E0059-82F8-45F7-BCF9-0AA720B654E0.jpeg

rare jackie stewart being sympathic to lewis hamilton, i completely understand his reasoning
“It’s time for him to resign, He’s got music, he’s got culture, he loves clothing and the rag trade would be absolutely suitable for him. I’m sure he’ll be very successful because he’s been earning a huge amount of money, rightfully so because he’s been the best of his time.Lewis is in that group of the Ayrton Sennas and the Alain Prosts or even the Jackie Stewarts maybe. it’s a pity he wasn’t resigning at the top but I don’t think that’s gonna happen now. But nevertheless, it’s wiser to stop than go through all the pain of not being able to do what you did before. He’s carried the sport very well. I would like to see him resigning now."

although david kent obviously twisted it the wrong way as he can get stuffed, he calls jackie stewart sir but not lewis Hamilton sir.

temp 1.jpg

Hamilton who is already 2nd oldest driver on the grid & older than Coulthard, Webber, Button & Massa were when they retired. he wants to continue even past 2024 & be only the 12th F1 driver in televised era of F1 (since 1976) to still be racing into his 40's & id assume join Mansell as the only other driver in last 50 years to win a race in their 40's

2022 was Hamilton's worst ever season in F1, in terms of achievements and placings.

0 pole positions - first time he has never been on pole at least once in a season
0 wins - first time he has never won at least once in a season
6th in the WDC - lowest placed finish in his career

What makes it worse is Russell did get pole and win this season.

yeah poor season, with a bit of luck he couldve won the British, Dutch or Brazilian GP. they say he trying experimental set ups. i dont know whether it was hangover from last season, Russell was genuinely better or how poor car was because at time they were 5th best car at times. but i still think you give him the equipment & he will deliver

He should have walked away after last year. Head held high. Middle finger raised to his critics.

Cross the pond and do a Mansell.

Then a quick jaunt around the French countryside just to piss Alonso off.

In reality, next year he'll either bounce back or bounce out.

Sadly I very much doubt it.

I don't think he can close the gap to Red Bull and every improvement Mercedes make will benefit Russell as well as Hamilton.
That might well be true. I think it will still be fun to watch the dynamic though. I'm kinda hoping that we see more battles between Russell and Hamilton. I wanted to see some drama over there. Two British drivers in a car that could be up front more often next year sounds intriguing.

It would be a hell of a pay day to sign off from F1 and most likely the 4th ex-World Champion to be signed by Ferrari since 2007 with the hope of bringing back the glory years, who almost certainly won't.

Back
Top Bottom