Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

If you think of Vettel as a "robotic cool" character then you must be watching F1 in a different universe or something tbh... I think he is as passionate as Lewis (or anyone else) is actually.

Vettel the efficient robotic cool character vs Lewis' more passionate, intuitive and magical ability
LOL

I really can't abide the use of the word "passionate" to distinguish between Hamilton and Vettel. I don't believe for a second that Lewis has any more passion for Formula 1 than Sebastian Vettel. Not even for a microsecond. Also, Lewis was just as cool when he was winning and Vettel has often been just as quick to lose his cool when things are not going his way.

For the last week I have been embarassed to be a Hamilton fan. Not because of anything that he has done, but because of the relentless bombardment of fantastical defences and ridiculous elations bestowed upon him by some of his other fans.

I am seriously considering taking a break from this forum because it's driving me right up the wall. It's often like trying to explain to a 5 year old that Christian Bale isn't actually Batman.

:please:

I think he is more mercurial and fascinating to more people than more familiar types of driver

For example, despite a shed load of deleted posts, his thread is bigger than those of the next 3 drivers combined

I really can't wait for the racing to start so that we can see the lad in fair action against the others

If you think of Vettel as a "robotic cool" character then you must be watching F1 in a different universe or something tbh... I think he is as passionate as Lewis (or anyone else) is actually.

That was said in a tongue in cheek manner, I did add an LOL at the end

....I am seriously considering taking a break from this forum because it's driving me right up the wall....

Hold on, it's not long till the beginning of the season. Then one of two things will happen.

1) Hamilton will be winning, in which case all these silly arguments will cease. Or

2) Hamilton will not be winning. In this case all the conspiracy theorists will run riot and be suspended.

1) Hamilton will be winning, in which case all these silly arguments will cease.

Lets hope so!

It normally takes 2 to argue

I am still not sure why some come on the Hamilton thread and get into silly arguments about Hamilton, there are many many other threads about different drivers and different topics

I mean why comment on an opinion one doesn't agree with if one wants to avoid arguments one cannot win?

there is also the ignore function which does the opposite to the follow one

I am still not sure why some come on the Hamilton thread and get into silly arguments about Hamilton, there are many many other threads about different drivers and different topics
Because I am a Hamilton fan FFS. I post on a multitude of threads. Why should I avoid the Hamilton thread? I get into silly arguments because you are camped out on the Hamilton threads defending any criticism of him with what can only be described as fanatic nonsense. I don't want that to sound like a personal attack, but I am specifically talking about you so it's hard to avoid. I really do not mean any offence, though.

I mean why comment on an opinion one doesn't agree with if one wants to avoid arguments one cannot win?
Because I have a misguided faith in common sense and reason.

there is also the ignore function which does the opposite to the follow one

I don't want to ignore anybody. You have some occasionally sensible stuff to say too.

OK, deep breath everyone.

Driver threads are not just for posts deifying the driver, they are for any and all discussion: the good, bad and the ugly.

If after a few posts it's clear that entrenched opinions aren't going to change, just move on.
If that doesn't work then consider using the Ignore feature.

Otherwise the moderators have to step in and prune the thread of all the tit-for-tat arguing.

Because I am a Hamilton fan FFS. I post on a multitude of threads. Why should I avoid the Hamilton thread? I get into silly arguments because you are camped out on the Hamilton threads defending any criticism
So when a Lewis fan says Lewis does not have mental strength of the required level, and is unable to convince other fans of this then it's silly?

Because I have a misguided faith in common sense and reason.

So unless the person you are arguing with sees sense and agrees with you then it's all bad?

It's like Brogan said, why try to change the opinion of someone if you are not able to

For example I will now desist from arguing with you about LH full stop

I tend to treat statements from people who say they have a mate who has a brother who knows a women who walks a dog for someone who has a friend that delivers tins of coke to the Mclaren HQ and they said...... but a chap I work with and have known for a long time has a family member who works at Mclaren and according to it, Lewis spent most of last season with his head up his own backside. By that I mean that Jenson was at great pains to keep all of the Mclaren guys on side and spend time with them while Lewis tended to rock up, do his thing and then go. He has apparently created a bit of an atmosphere in the team.

I guess that kind of fits with the general perception of the way things seemed to be panning out over the course of the season. It would seem that the team find Jenson an easier person to work with.

I read on the BBC teletext yesterday that Bernie predicted Hamilton would leave Mclaren at the end of the season if the car dosn't match his expectations and I think he's right. The second seat at Red Bull would seem like the only place for him to go but the question is would they have him?

That would make a lot of sense and tie in with Lewis admitting that Jenson had the right bubble around him whereas he didn't.

Even as he changes his approach to the team (new hands on manager etc) I can see Lewis fitting in more with a clinical and ruthless Ron Dennis operation than a touchy feely Whitmarsh one. So maybe he needs to move and find somewhere else, apart from Red Bull, I would like him to move to a competitive Mercedes with Ross Brawn

Would Red bull have him? On one hand no as they have Seb and a host of emerging drivers, on the other hand they are an F1 company with products to sell. The dream team and its attendant publicity, sheer excitement and sporting dominance should be too much for such a team to ignore

I tend to treat statements from people who say they have a mate who has a brother who knows a women who walks a dog for someone who has a friend that delivers tins of coke to the Mclaren HQ and they said...... but a chap I work with and have known for a long time has a family member who works at Mclaren and according to it, Lewis spent most of last season with his head up his own backside. By that I mean that Jenson was at great pains to keep all of the Mclaren guys on side and spend time with them while Lewis tended to rock up, do his thing and then go. He has apparently created a bit of an atmosphere in the team.
That c_a_t tallies exactly with the first hand comments that I have heard from a McLaren team employee.He is not a member of the race team as such, although he does spend a lot of time with the race team and is in a priviledged position to overhear conversations between drivers, team principals and engineers.And he is not the floor sweeper.

Lewis' brother Nic on TV next week...
BBC1 Tues. 6th March in a Documentary series called 'Beyond Disability'

'Racing with the Hamiltons, Nic in the driving seat'

Disabled 19-year old Nic Hamilton dreamed of following his brother into motor racing.This intimate film follows the family as they try to help him achieve his dream.

Back
Top Bottom