Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

His driving position may be compromised, as he was not involved in the design process, the seat will be ok, and the fact that he is not overly tall will help,

Here's Tom Cruise for comparison.....

LEWIS_HAMILTON_I_1675728a.jpg

I caught a glimpse of of Lewis with ant and Dec tonight they were doing some kind of clothing pitstop gag but it was so cringeworthy I had to turn it over.....

And I'm not even trying to be funny, what the hell was he thinking agreeing to do that.....?

Continuing on Hamilton thread so as not to drown out Nico.

I don't know about other years..but Interlagos 2009 LH came through from P17 to a podium...3rd.

Well recounted.

There are tracks where Lewis Hamilton is very strong and tracks where he's not quite as strong.

For example, Hamilton has traditionally been extraordinarily quick at Abu Dhabi, Montreal and the Hungaroring. He has been less impressive at Sepang, Barcelona and Interlagos, for example.

I do think that there are circuits that are driver's favourites, teabagyokel, but also team favourites. As much as we talk about Red Bull circuits, there are also McLaren circuits. Same for all drivers and teams. I guess we need to look at what their teammates achieved at those circuits on the same weekends and whether there were any other factors to be accounted for. Sepang, he has scored 3 podiums and 7 points finishes in 7 visits, Barcelona, he has scored 3 podiums and 5 points finishes in 6 visits.

I think that if Hamilton is on form and he has a car under him that allows him to give his best, then every track is a Hamilton track.

There are tracks that I prefer when I go racing, myself. Sometimes it's location, sometimes it's feel, sometimes it's the time of year and weather. I expect to perform better at these tracks, but am being coached out of it as it's not a good mentality. My best result has been at a track that I would have considered to be my bogey track.

Whilst the statistics are fun to play around with, I don't think they tell us much. Tomorrow is always another day and every race weekend you turn up with new challenges, different levels of competitiveness in your package and then a different draw from lady luck. Then, of course, there is your own preparation.

The Indian Grand Prix in India seems to be the only race on the Cal where Lewis hasn't got a podium but I'd say Suzuka looks like the nearest he has to a bogie track.

Back
Top Bottom