Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I wonder how different the Mercedes is to set up and drive compared to anything he has driven before.

Despite looking good, he has not yet looked normal Lewis Hamilton great to me yet. I guess this will change as he gets more used to the car.

Then again he took a podium in his first ever race so I don;t know.

Indeed and I get the feeling that he's gelling well with the team and that he's able have an influence where his input is appropriate. Pity we didn't get to see any footage from inside the Mercedes garage when Nico and Lewis crossed the finish line. That would have given us some measure of the grass roots team members reaction to the result. I'll bet it was a happier camp than several others in pit lane.

I wonder how different the Mercedes is to set up and drive compared to anything he has driven before.

Despite looking good, he has not yet looked normal Lewis Hamilton great to me yet. I guess this will change as he gets more used to the car.

Then again he took a podium in his first ever race so I don;t know.

I don't really get your comment there. could you elaborate? Are you on about where he is? his racing style and how he looks with the car? I personally haven't really noticed anything

I mean lets not forget that he has joined a team that has put one car in the points in the last 7 races of 2012 and the conditions may of had a lot todo with that. I think Mercedes may of been putting a lot of effort into getting the car into a decent position rather then fine tuning the car to somebodys driving style, let alone a new driver whom they have never worked with. If your are just on about how he seems to be getting on with the car. Now Mercades something to work with on Track he will start to look more comfortable within the team.

Every team in the paddock would like to suffer from Red Bull's "problems".

Lewis has nothing to gain by talking about RBR and their policies past or present. Hopefully there aren't any more quotes in the future aside from these initial observations. (Which are spot on)

I am not convinced he would say anything else than that at this stage he has had two good results and so is bound to be happy considering McLaren's woe's....

He rolled the dice and came up with lucky 7's fair play to him...

Back
Top Bottom