Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Might also be that at Mclaren he (and the fans) expected wins whereas with Merc being an unknown quantity folks are just relieved it's not a dog. And if it is a dog it's a Whippet.

You'd think knowing they can't pull off a 2 stopper in those conditions would put them in good stead for the future anyway.

They knew about the problems with tyres last season but it still didn't help them. Putting an extra pit stop in just seemed to make them slower in all the stints.

They hoped to do a two stopper and had the car set up for that, when they switched to the three stopper the set up wasn't optimum. Ok they didn't make the two stopper work today but that doesn't mean the tyre management is as bad as last year.Only Kimi made the two stopper work. If Lewis hadn't locked up defending against Alonso he might just have managed it. Rosberg might have managed it. I think Mercedes have much t be pleased about.

It amazes me how people slate F1 for being too sterile and safe and then when a driver gets his knackers out and puts them on the table the same people start having a go at that driver for being reckless. What is it that people actually want? I want to see balls-to-the-wall racing and in Lewis Hamilton we have a man who delivers.

I don't think anyones had a go at him for being reckless I think people are just saying that Lewis locking up and making a mistake isn't a brilliant defensive strategy. He made an error trying to defend which was probably down to worn tyres which Alonso did a great job of avoiding.

Guys, play nice. We don't need to discuss the art of discussion, and we don't need to break down an argument for others. We know Lewis Hamilton attracts comments from both ends of the spectrum, we don't need to remark on that over and over and over and over again.

Lewis has been given a new lease of life at Mercedes and seems to be enjoying it for now .

questions will be asked later if Mercedes do their customary drop back mid season or when Rosberg proves to be very competitive for him and puts their friendship to the test

Back
Top Bottom