Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

We had this discussion on chat, F1cars displace a phenomenal amount of water, he was first to hit an effectively untouched track and the others did their best to create a gap that minimised spray. If it was a race he could control from the front. That's my possibly flawed logic.

Lewis never got on the Inters did he? That was clearly the fastest tire for about 5 minutes.

I have to say its been an adventurous weekend for Hamilton. He's been off the circuit in nearly every attempt to set a hot lap. I think thats why he's so giddy even though he's been somewhat sloppy. He knows that when he hooks it up its gonna be a flyer.

So can we move on now safely enlightened that I have never thought you to be a fanboy and that you no longer think I am one. That should allow us to get back to the subject matter of the thread. I will respond no further to this pointless meandering side-topic.

Yup, he did.

Did they show it on Sky? I was watching NBCsports debut broadcast and I never saw Hamilton in the pits and never saw a P by his name. There were 2 ad breaks though.

And the fact he did more laps (12) than anyone led me to believe he stayed out for the duration

On the rear wing topic discussion (yes I know it's one or two pages behind this), in the early 2000s, they used to be able to change them durng the race, used to take around 30-50s from what I can remember. Never seen it done these day.

F1 cars change a lot, so it's probably down to; it's harder to change due to the rear wing becoming different from before, or they can't be arsed.

They are bolted onto the gearbox now, I think, and that makes them quite tricky to remove and refit. I'm sure I have heard Brundle or one of the other commentators elude to that. All the super-tight packaging around the back of the car probably doesn't help much either.

Did Nico pit for inters set a fast time, before Lewis, when LH was on a fast lap, two of the rookies EG & CP? had accidents, the yellows meant some incl LH couldn't set a faster.... time before the chequered flag......

To paraphrase a saying, one qualifying a season does not make, however right now the Mercedes does look a lot faster than the McLaren, although as Brogan says, we'll only really find out over a race distance

To paraphrase a saying, one qualifying a season does not make, however right now the Mercedes does look a lot faster than the McLaren, although as Brogan says, we'll only really find out over a race distance
... And over the course of the whole season!!! The brackley team have started the last 4 seasons reasonably well, but have fallen away somewhat through the season, whilst McLaren have form for doing the opposite (2011, 2009...)

Lewis started 3rd today and ended up 5th having been overtakrn by most of the front runners and having to switch tyre strategies due to the plan he was on not working out. It occurs to me that if this had happened at Mclaren he (and a host of people on the internet come to think of it) would have been spitting feathers at having gone backwards yet today he seems satisfied. It just shows the difference a feel of freedom can make to your outlook.

Back
Top Bottom