Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Yep. Showed some nouse and a bit of leadership from the cockpit. Checked with the team how much time he was losing after they informed them of the damage and decided that it wasn't critical and stayed out. Nice move.

If it only took 2 mins then maybe he would have had time to have changed it and got back out again in q1 and been on the pace of Rosberg? Guess it did no harm in the end either way in the end. It is nice to see him make his own choices but I wouldn't say 12th in q1 represented Lewis pulling off a tactical masterstroke.

Considering the ongoing situation, 12th place surely beats the hell out of not being able to run in Q2 at all.

When Lewis first became stuck :shocked: visions of China 2007 was dancing in my head.

I was surprised to see Lewis struggling so much, especially as his teammate seemed unfazed by the conditions. I wonder if Lewis is on a setup less compromised for the wet. If so, that looked a bit overconfident last night. I'm not certain he would have made Q3. He has had a bit of a "get out of jail free" card dealt to him with the promise of dry quali today. If indeed, and I would have no way of knowing this, he has gone for a less compromised setup then he could be pretty handy in quali and in the race.

Are you going to pat me on the back and give me a Werther's Original, as well?

"Well done"?

Pffft

A Werthers? You'd be lucky. You have to be well behaved all day.

If you flip over to the Nico v Lewis thread I posted a link to an article where Nico is saying he wants rain and Lewis wants it dry. Could be car set up could just be the conditions make the car more suited to Rosberg. He was pretty hot in the cold damp of china last year.

Been there, seen that, don't disagree.

[Edit] You seem to think that because I have made a suggestion as to a possible reason for the delta between the teammates that I am touting it as the truth or that I am making excuses for Lewis. You guys all need to stop seeing people's contributions in such a polarised way. I can't very well sit and post every possible permutation. I have added this for you: http://cliptheapex.com/threads/nico-rosberg.3396/page-19#post-185545

Now stop giving me the fanboy treatment, please. :goodday:

Don't fret Ninja!

I actually think it was a simple combination of three things
1. Lewis had to deal with more water than anyone else
2. He underestimated how much standing water and how slippery the track was
3. Different car

I just found your comment of "Well done" condescending and felt it inferred that it would take some effort for me to accept an explanation of the delta between Nico and Lewis that didn't come down to some sort of anomaly. I assure you that this is not the case. Forgive me if i am wrong an you were congratulating my spelling and punctuation.

Brogan

I would actually often rather follow someone out in the rain. Despite the spray and visibility issues, they become your braking and turn-in reference and give you something to gauge your inputs by.

Back
Top Bottom