Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

What is wrong with this picture ;)

lewis.webp

Google thinks I'm in Newcastle. Unless one "tells" the net where you really are social network software will use the "location" of your account.

Hamberg. I completely understand his reasons and can completely relate to them. I took a massive drop in earnings a few years ago simply as I couldn't square with the restrained corporate environment I was working in. It did not feed my soul and to an extent drained it. You would be surprised, possibly, at how much this can effect the performance of an individual. Once I found an environment that I could be comfortable in, my performances rocketed along with my career path. People thought I was mad at first but I knew what I was doing and I look back with no regret.

We don't know it's mutual trust, he may be getting a royal bollocking for all we know!

Great to see though and that he has (and hopefully continues to have) the confidence to use his judgement.

I seem to recall that LH was equally as adamant at least once in 2007. I also seem to recall that it didn't work out too well.

I thought they stuck Lewis' wing back together with gaffer tape and only changed part of the endplate in Monaco. They fixed it on the grid as I remember and were not able to completely replace it.

If it only took 2 mins then maybe he would have had time to have changed it and got back out again in q1 and been on the pace of Rosberg? Guess it did no harm in the end either way in the end. It is nice to see him make his own choices but I wouldn't say 12th in q1 represented Lewis pulling off a tactical masterstroke.

No. but better to stay out and put times in while everyone else is than risk coming in, rain getting heavier and falling off the timesheets. It looked like a very sensible decision from where I was sitting. Sure, the rain didn't get heavier, but his gamble to stay out was the safer one.

Yeah but equally he could have stayed out when the switch to inters came he could have been swallowed up due to the loss of performance somethimg that was actually close to happening before the Pic/Guttierez crashes slowed everyone down. I was not arguing that the decision turned out to be the correct one, my point was that its great Lewis is being a bit more assertive but the team give advice for a reason so lets hope he doesn't go in the opposite direction just to prove he's free of Mclaren.

I remember Alesi ignoring the team telling him to come in for fuel on his debut with Benneton and him thinking he'd make up more time staying out..........that bit of independence didn't end well.

Back
Top Bottom