Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Yeah I don't like the sound of that. That sounds like he will be wasting vital preperation time at every race of the year and for what?

Between that his dog and his pussycat his mind might get drawn away from where it needs to be.
He might need the money from his column to feed the puppy. ROFL

It'll be interesting I guess. The main positive is maybe he'll learn the art of speaking and writing correctly again, init blud.

Why is there so much concern about his ability to
1. Have a pet
2. Have a girlfriend
3. Have extracurricular activities

If all he did was live and breathe that car (which they dedicate a lot more time to than we do our jobs) then I think he might go a bit mental. Call it a hunch, but I get the impression these drivers can multitask...

We often agree on much Hamberg but in all honesty any distractions from Friday to Sunday are probably best avoided, it's a drivers place of work after all. I was surprised and criticized his decision to take his dog to the circuits. How often this happens remains to be seen of course. Sport at the highest level, especially F1 requires total focus, I'm sure most would agree.

Well if his team feel that he's spreading himself to thin, they'll soon let him know about it. They'll also let him know pretty quickly if they don't like what he's saying as well.

Toto Wolff doesn't seem to be any form of shrinking violet, and wouldn't hesitate in a minute to tell Lewis of any problem that he feels could be devoloping.
Could anybody imagine Lauda holding his tounge?......:nah:

Hot off the press - in an interview with Niki Lauda just broadcast on Radio 5, Lauda claimed he was responsible for finally persuading Hamilton to move to Mercedes. Lauda claims he told Hamilton he wouldn't be a true legend until he had won the title in a Mercedes.

He also made a very revealing statement that gives you a clue as to where his loyalties sit. When asked was it good to have Hamilton in the team he replied "Absolutely, he is a great driver, and Nico is good too. All teams have one great driver and one less so but we are very well placed". The interviewer said, "not biased at all then Niki" to which he chuckled and said "Oh no".

So there you have it. Lewis has got Niki Lauda in his corner that's for sure but it wouldn't be great if you were Nico hearing that.

Interestingly TBY, I don't think that was a realistic prospect. Webber, lets not forget, is on a rolling one year deal so if RBR had wanted Hamilton for this year then I think that would have been the option they would have taken. Given the reports I've read saying that Alonso now has a no Vettel deal in his new contract, it looks like Vettel is going to stay put for the time being. The problem is, as great a driver Hamilton is, I don't see him fitting well into a team that already had a great driver in place. Mercedes were able to match Hamilton's demands and at the same time provide an environment that will be less confrontational.

Back
Top Bottom