Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

There is an undercurrent going on here. Why is that?
Just 8 days to go guys and you can get your teeth into some racing:)

I have been an avid follower of this sport of F1 racing for many years, in which some family and friends of mine, think that it's borderline crazy. I also have never seen such hatred displayed towards any driver, which began for Lewis in his ROOKIE year. What could Hamilton have done in his first year......first :censored: year, which could have warrented such hatred with some? The question of race is mostly pushed aside as a reason and is downplayed, but is something that Lewis had to deal with, going back to his karting days.

Hamilton was not liked in his first year because it was perceived that he had not earned his drive and by others because they accused him of being Dennis' blue eyed boy at the expense of Alonso.

The question of race really annoys me because its never been an issue in the sport.

There have been drivers from China, Malaysia, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Columbia, India and Thailand to name but a few, before Lewis Hamilton turned a wheel in F1 and its never been an issue. Lewis Hamilton is British and frankly I don't give a flying fig what colour his skin is.

What personally annoyed me a bit was that people acted like he completely mopped up the GP2 championship. Although he did very well, he didn't leave Piquet in the dust or anything.

Having said that, I was very excited about him from the start, because he was still a very talented young kid, and he proofed right away to be a future champion. Although he doesn't seem to be as complete as Alonso or Vettel, he is undoubtedly an amazingly fast driver.

If greatness is what Lewis is after, this is the perfect opportunity to answer its call. He's a great driver but the pressure starts building up and if results are not coming his way from the beginning, this could be another missed year.cat least he is motivated, although he has the wrong target, it's Vettel the ine he should be aiming at.

I've got a bottle of red wine bet with a mate of mine that Hamilton will be on the podium in Australia. I don't think he'll win the title but I do believe that he will get the very best out of the car and drive with a new found verve. The car may not let him win every race but for some reason I don't think we'll see the mistakes of the past. The pressure to perform to expectation is much less this season.

Thankfully we haven't seen those mistakes for at least 20 races. Amazing to see someone who was already so good continue to improve. You get the feeling there is more still to unlock from Hamilton and his approach seems to be working. I think if we see Hamilton regress to his troubled "anus horribilis" then it will be the tipping point of his career and a beginning of decline. I can't see that happening for a fistful of years yet.

Back
Top Bottom