Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I'm definitely not getting ahead of myself here, believe me... But if Hamilton and Mercedes were to win races and even the titles this year would it harm Hamilton's credibility as a developer and a thinker? Before the season he said he wanted to go there and develop a bad car and turn the German marque into winners, basically what Schumacher did to Ferrari. If they started winning straight away would it be down to Hamilton?

(In answer to myself, I guess it would depend which driver was winning races.)

I think Button showed that when everyone's saying you're gonna get thrashed your stock goes through the roof when you don't.
And as 2012 proved it doesn't seem to go through floor when you do.

Given the form Hamilton's coming off I think Rosberg will be exhlted for finishing within striking distance consistently. Never been convinced by Nico have I, despite being a passive fan of the fellow. He was gutsy on Sunday in the Williams in a way I think he's been unable to show with disintegrating rear tyres these past three seasons.

Lewis looks so happy at Mercedes, he seems to be really enjoying the challenge,
and the camaraderie with Nico is genuine.
They have both put in mega laps...so deserve a good outcome for all their hard work...
Cant wait for the season to start...bring it on...:yesss:

I hope this is a joke. I've just read where Lewis's dog now has a passport so it can travel to GP's and Bernie has arranged for it to have its own paddock pass. I love all animals but a motor racing circuit is no bloody place for a dog. Hasn't Lewis learned anything. Another distraction on race weekends. I would have thought after 6 years in the sport he would have realized the importance of being focused on nothing but the team, practice, qualifying and the race.:rolleyes:

No distraction is a good distraction. Singlemindedness to the point of obsession is what make multiple world champions. I've always believed if Hamilton's career had been handled a little differently he would have been a triple champion before Vettel.

Good way to get his mind off things is just walking Roscoe round the paddock so it could have some benefits, and I agree, more the cars than driver though

Back
Top Bottom