Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

As things currently stand Hamilton has a far better chance of a second WDC with McLaren. Yes, there are problems but at the moment the pace of the car is not one of them.

Yes the McLaren has the speed but a drivers relationship with his team is also a factor in the performance of that driver. Schumacher and Ferrari and Clark and Lotus are good examples.

LH is an emotional guy... an open book really... and that is his biggest weakness... .. I am sure he will have silver Macca back at the front in Monza..

Also could be added as a weakness, is a lack of maturity on his part. Lewis may need to become a Kimi lite when dealing with both general, and social media.

A clean break and a fresh start. Mercedes and RB would be the best combination to focus Hamilton and help him towards a second title.

As long as Sebastian remains with Red Bull, Lewis could only look forward towards being treated as a # 2 from Markos who plays an impotant role with the team. Mercedes may withdraw from F1 and turn over their operations to AMG, and who knows how long that will take for them to compete with the front runners. Lewis should stay exactly where he is now, with possibly the fastest car on the grid today which is....Mclaren.

Only the Beeb (EJ *cough cough*) are reporting this at the moment. Not been often that the BBC get this sort of news before the other parts of the media so it would be funny if this was a hoax on old Eddie!

I still think it would be the right thing for Hamilton at the moment. He's been at McLaren for 6 seasons and has achieved a huge ammount as well as being at the centre of some of F1's more talked about moments. A new start at Merc would enable Hamilton to put a lot of things behind him and bring to a new team all that's good in his racing book. I don't see car speed as an issue for a move to work because Merc have won a race this season and a great driver helps to make a greater car.

However good or bad the Merc might be next season, it will need the considered input of two drivers to improve - can Hamilton provide his bit?

If this is true it could be good for all parties concerned. Lewis and Mclaren's relationship has been strained for some time now and after his antics at the weekend you could tell Martin Whitmarsh was peeved with the whole twitter lark. Mercedes are realistically the only other team that would take Lewis on, cause boy does Lewis come with a lot of baggage these days. That's probably on of the main reason's Red Bull don't fancy him going to their team.

Back
Top Bottom