Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I saw them together once. I nearly remember that night, I'd had a few and kept on falling over, there seemed to be two kerbs that I kept tripping over.;)

Lewis is great when his personal life is stable but it seems he is very vulnerable when things go wrong I am not an expert but he does not seem to cope very well when his private life is not to his liking.

I have probably worded that completely wrong but I know what I mean and I hope you do to...

Lewis' family is very important to him and his aunt's death will have upset him, he spent much of the summer with her. He probably wanted to do well in this race for her (ok that might sound weird but he did refer to something like that) I suspect his real frustration is bourne of the fact that the car was good enough for him to have done that. Maybe he feels he's failed her in some way.Just speculating her because he is an emotional young man.

racecub I think you may be close to the truth. I'm sure he would have gone into the weekend meaning to dedicate his win to his aunt only to find for whatever reason the car that was working so fantastically for his team-mate wasn't working for him.
After qualy he seemed down but (had it not been for the accident) I'm pretty sure he would've worked his way up to somewhere near the front if not a podium.
Let's face it the lad's had a miserable week.
but time is a great healer & Lewis is good at bouncing back. I have high hopes of him working out the gremlins on the car he had this weekend & come back fighting at Monza.
He needs to podium the next couple of races to justify the team concentrating their efforts more on him than Jenson & keeping his title hopes going.

LH is an emotional guy... an open book really... and that is his biggest weakness... and also his biggest strength... I am sure he will have silver Macca back at the front in Monza...

Tweeting confidential team product cannot assist his quest for a juicy contract... he had better bang it on or close to pole and have a driver-error free win at Monza methinks...

Ron doesn't suffer fools...

I suspect his real frustration is bourne of the fact that the car was good enough for him to have done that.

That's exactly right. It all the boils down to the fact that his team brought a race winning package to Spa, they didn't get a single meaningful lap on Friday, and due to some seriously flawed feedback was guided into setup that didn't stand a chance in qualifying.

Yeah but Spa is a track where you can overtake, and didn't Seb have a high downforce setup as well? And he finished second while starting 11th. He (Hamilton) may have had a crap setup for qualifying but who knows where he would have been if the accident didn't happen.

As I recall, Raikkonen was up with Button on lap 1 at Les Combes, but the Safety Car was out too quick!

There's no point in having no-collision ifs and buts, the top 10 at the end of lap 1 were these guys:

CTA.webp

That effectively became the 'grid' for a second start, so its difficult to know where Hamilton would have factored in had someone else collided with Grosjean.

teabagyokel I'm sorry to be a pain but could you alter the font colour on 5 and 8 as I can't see the drivers names It's not your fault it is just the way my eyes work.

Not considering accessibility when posting things such as graphs and charts is something that abounds across the whole of the web and is quite frustrating.

In fact most of charts that are posted on this site I can't make head nor tail of due to the blending of colours and so it excludes me from commenting on them.

Once again sorry to be a pain in the arse, but I felt I had to say something....

There's an extremely amusing article in this weeks Autosprt about how this seasons championship challengers deal with the mental challenge in their own ways. The article noted Hamilton's tendancy to sulk when things aren't going his way. I've no idea what he was thinking by posting that information but it adds another twist in the team Dynamic. I am now thinking that the best thing for Hamilton would be to move on. A clean break and a fresh start. Mercedes and RB would be the best combination to focus Hamilton and help him towards a second title.

Back
Top Bottom