Random ponderings...

Andyoak

Race Winner
Thanks to Nena and her red balloons; Germany is famous for not shaving... Oh, the irony :)

Do you think there is more risk of STD's amongst people who keep themselves"trim", because they are more sexually"adventurous" / active?

It's all about sex ..
And the more you have...

Them Germans; what do you expect :D

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
It's posts like that that make me wish for a site upgrade that gives us reactions instead of likes.

I wouldn't let one of them within a mile of my love spuds.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
learnt something today. listening to Jason manford podcast. in song i shot the sheriff. never realised both people were shot. i always thought it was, i shot the sheriff but i didnt shoot the deputy like im not a serial killer i let him off

but i shot the sheriff. but it was someone else that shot the deputy

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
But Sheriff John Brown always hated me - for what I do not know. Everytime I plant a seed he says kill it before it grows.

Sounds like he had it coming. Never mess with another man's sunflower growing competition.

Angel

🧸 Smile, it might never happen.
Contributor
learnt something today. listening to Jason manford podcast. in song i shot the sheriff. never realised both people were shot. i always thought it was, i shot the sheriff but i didnt shoot the deputy like im not a serial killer i let him off

but i shot the sheriff. but it was someone else that shot the deputy
We've all done that, not necessarily with that song but made a mistake about a song. I always thought both the sheriff and deputy were dead but the guy was saying yes, I did shoot the sheriff but someone else got the deputy so don't try to pin it on me, kind of thing.

Getting the words wrong and finding out you've been singing something completely different to what you should have been is always a joy. Peter Kay does some good examples of that.

Angel

Contributor
Turns out that now people have been vaping for a while they are finding out it might not be as safe and wonderful as they first thought then. I know it's not conclusive evidence but it's something to consider if you vape I guess. I'm glad I don't after reading this report.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
Called that when it first starting becoming a trend. No way you can breath chemicals into your lungs and not expect some consequences.

Angel

Contributor
Called that when it first starting becoming a trend. No way you can breath chemicals into your lungs and not expect some consequences.
Which is exactly what I said. They said it was safe, what they really meant was no one has been doing it long enough for us to know if there will be any long term consequences. Much like anything, they can't know these things straight away.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
has a friend ever shocked you, with something they blurted because mistakenly thought was true. because of something that happened today which is now i can laugh about now but it took me aback at the time.

because i with a friend who ive known 2 - 3 years lovely guy wouldnt harm a fly. this woman was nearby & my friend was saying something 'ooh she fit very nice' & i didn't want to look, as in public i feel disrespectful. he just came out with like it fact "oh sorry, i forgot you dont like birds"

which turns into a awkward response when you've been outed & trying to get back in the wardrobe, which i have nothing against them its there life if it makes them happy all power to them. but its made me paranoid now about last few years what did i do to make him wrongly assumed. even if that signed tom daley poster makes sense now LOL

Last edited:

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
So, do I start clearing the deck and garden of furniture, planters, the trampoline, etc., and stake the trees and plants, or risk it?

It's still hundreds of miles south but the outer bands are already over us (the red square).

dorian.png

I'm hoping it just peters out over the next day or so and we get nothing more than a spot of poor weather.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
That is a ****ing monster of a storm. 200mph winds in the Bahamas :o

I hope all you get is wet Mr B.

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
The islands in the Bahamas have been totally obliterated.

The full force of the eyewall was over some places for 24-36 hours, as it stalled.

It's down to a cat 2 now and moving much more rapidly, so whatever we get won't be anywhere near as bad.

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
Back up to a cat 3 now apparently.

It's hard to believe that it's on the way ... It's such a nice day.

1567635214788874164943.jpg

Top Bottom