Random ponderings...

Ruslan

Points Scorer
why is it that life never doles out s**t in small doses?

Four months ago, my best (non-family) friend started chemo and radiation treatments for neck cancer. Now, I find out that my sister has lung and kidney cancer and starts treatments on Monday! Needless to say, I am flying home to be with her through the ordeal (her husband died 4 years ago). At least I know that she made it thru 2 bouts of breast cancer and we share genes which have enabled me to survive 50 years of Crohn's and hemophelia, so I have LOTS of hope.
Sorry to hear that guy. I had a bad day today, but not near as bad as yours. Hope everything works out.

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
why is it that life never doles out s**t in small doses?

Four months ago, my best (non-family) friend started chemo and radiation treatments for neck cancer. Now, I find out that my sister has lung and kidney cancer and starts treatments on Monday! Needless to say, I am flying home to be with her through the ordeal (her husband died 4 years ago). At least I know that she made it thru 2 bouts of breast cancer and we share genes which have enabled me to survive 50 years of Crohn's and hemophelia, so I have LOTS of hope.
So sorry to read your post siffert_fan I hope both your friend and your sister can come through this and be well again. Sounds like you have plenty going on in your life too health wise. Take of you too and all the best.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Yes, why is that siffert_fan , s..t in lorry loads for some, whilst others get lorry loads of sunshine.

I hope the next year is a really positive one, and there is a lorry load of sunshine headed your way.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
wishing you all the luck siffert_fan
--------------------------------------------
Izumi for me ive given up with all that eating im sure it has many benefits but in England everytime I see something is a "superfood" then months later "sorry, it actually bad for you" or vice versa. so ill just eat what I like. & look at the traffic light system. keep the sat fats low & leave the reds as a luxury, eat some fish have some fruit & veg. have plenty of exercise, which for me my job is great

Izumi

Points Scorer
Human race (allegedly we must say in the age when digital records can be easily manipulated) landed on the moon for no other reason just because it's there, yet we are collectively unable to agree, what is and what isn't basic healthy diet. Maybe our ambitions are continuously misdirected by our inability to recognize what is, and what isn't important for our well being.

Eat eggs, don't eat eggs, eat meat, don't eat meat, and so on...endlessly. Mother's wisdom... eat little bit of everything, thus if you are wrong, you are wrong by not much.

Andyoak

Race Winner
I've always felt that diet is what you need to live the life you want.

We get too hung up about living a long life.

Live a full life... It's better for you than any diet.

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
The whole what you should and shouldn't eat is a huge debate and it gets so you can't believe a word they say. One second you can eat something, the next it's the devil. First we all had to have everything low fat, then they started in on salt and now it's sugar. The trouble with the sugar thing is a lot of companies reduce the sugar by putting in artificial sweeteners which are often worse for you than ever the sugar was.

We're all told to eat lots more fruit and veg. Then of course you have to be wary because unless you buy the over priced organic stuff you're exposing yourself to potentially harmful pesticides. Of course when I was a kid what they now call organic was just normal, but that's another story.

I'm waiting for the day they tell us breathing is bad for us too ;)

As has been said before 'a little of what you fancy does you good' and I am talk about food here still!

Izumi

Points Scorer

I am considering to get a Twitter account. What should I expect what Google is not telling me?

Last edited:

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
It will depend on how you use it. I use it purely to view what everyone else is saying about trending topics and follow some individuals o enjoy hearing about. I produce very little content myself. I think a Twitter user's enjoyment is purely based on what they follow. There is some great Motorsport content on their - technical stuff especially is interesting.

Like every part of the internet though you get your trolls and stubornbots. Great tool for seeing what the general consensus is on a subject though.

Angel

Happy to help.
Contributor
Twitter can be good. I keep a limit on how many people I follow and I don't interact on things where I know I might get trolled. It's like anywhere, it has good and bad sides to it, I've been on there eight years now so it can't be all bad.

Izumi

Points Scorer
It will depend on how you use it. I use it purely to view what everyone else is saying about trending topics and follow some individuals o enjoy hearing about. I produce very little content myself. I think a Twitter user's enjoyment is purely based on what they follow. There is some great Motorsport content on their - technical stuff especially is interesting.

Like every part of the internet though you get your trolls and stubornbots. Great tool for seeing what the general consensus is on a subject though.
Thanks. I am with you on content. At the moment I am thinking in terms as a consumer of information produce by individuals which are not that often quoted in news. Besides, I am increasingly allergic to influence opinion-people exert on masses. (Just propaganda of special interest groups, nothing to do with news or the truth.)

Top Bottom