Current Aston Martin F1 Team (Formerly Racing Point F1)

The Aston Martin F1 Team, formerly known as Racing Point, formerly known as Force India, formerly known as Spyker F1, formerly known as Midland F1, formerly known as Jordan Grand Prix, is a formula 1 team based just outside the gates of the Silverstone race circuit in Northamptonshire, UK.

Despite the numerous name changes the team are still based in the very same factory created by Eddie Jordan decades ago.

The Aston Martin name returns to F1 as a team name for the first time since 1960. Aston Martin competed in six World Championship Grand Prix between 1959 and 1960 and scored no points. Team owner Lance Stroll will be hoping for more of a return on his investment this time.

Coming off the back of the 2020 season where the team, running as Racing Point, managed 3 podiums and a race victory, resulting in a 4th placed championship finish, hopes will be high for continued success.

The new era for Aston Martin commences with a driver line up of 4 time World Drivers Champion Sebastian Vettel who joins from Ferrari, and the Canadian Lance Stroll.

It would appear that the Tracing Point scandal is going to rumble on with 5 teams appealing the verdict and several questioning how they obtained the data in the first place and if that was done legally.

maybe, 5 live had a interesting point as i was at work for FP2 so keeping up on the radio. they said that this cant be about the future of F1 because teh 2022 cars but a stop to that. but this appeal is as usual all about money & making sure that they are finishing higher in the constructors

Well I wonder how Haas and Alfa can distinguish themselves from Ferrari then :whistle:moving forwards

I get Racing Point soon to be Aston Martin will be Mercedes B /Junior team

ive just seen that. very peculiar because why the change of mind. they gunning for racing point. til they were disqualified out of the championship

Usually under these circumstances some sort of positive or negative pressure has been applied in order to give Renault an incentive to change their mind.

Remember that case the little teams took to the European Parliament? You know, that case? The one that quietly disappeared and everyone forgot to talk about ever again.

I refer to my interpretation bog Toto's quote earlier in the thread of saying Renault are lucky they are allowed to be in the championship by the bigger teams and should shut up. Looks like they did.

It was to do with how prize money was distributed I think F1Brits_90
ah yes i remember now. but it had some effect because them teams have now got that & a bonus. in the new Concorde agreement

but if i was a journalist. i would be persueing Renault because you dont just do a U turn of this magnitude which out something. as it was quite angry in the paddock & within 3 weeks. ah your alright. considering the car hasnt changed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom