Queensferry Crossing, HMS Queen Elizabeth and all things Royal Navy

Titch I work in Edinburgh. The trams have been running for 2 months passenger free. Today was the first day they were taking passengers. And no I didn't go for a ride.

The bridge towers are getting taller.

She has been floated and is was being turned in the basin when I passed on the bus this morning. Ecky Thump its a big boat.

Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 09.03.59.png

Just need the LIghtining's to get an air worthiness certificate and they will have something to put on her.
Lightinings.........:o Bit old aren't they? I thought they were going for American F35's

The F35B's will be known as Lighting II's in the UK armed service. We are due to get them late 2015.
The HMS QE will start active service in 2017.

It's a weird looking beastie. I (well himself really) come from the last era of Aircraft Carriers. You got flung of the front end, by a catapult, and you either got it right or you ended up in the water. I wonder what that strange upward bit at the front does.

The ramp at the front (the upward bit) is what the planes are fired up by catapult. The ramp is a british innovation that allows aircraft to take off with much higher fuel and armament loads.

Back
Top Bottom