Photography

snowy

Champion Elect

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Nice bugs.
Do you do requests snowy ? It will have to get a bit colder for this, but how about a close up of a snowflake. It would make a cool desktop pic for winter.

snowy

Champion Elect
Thanks FB. :)
Greenlantern101 Snow by Snowy :snigger: Hehehe very good. I'll see what I can do, I suspect it will take a lot more magnification and a different type of lighting to do it justice though.

Jen now there's a question!:dizzy:

I did answer it but the answer was three paragraphs long... so that got deleted...
Suffice to say, nobody pays me, it's by no means the only thing I do, and nobody pays me for any of that either! :rolleyes:

jez101

Bookies drive nice cars because of people like me
Contributor
Some of my favourites. To be honest, the photography is nowhere near as good as the scenery!

Random beach in Koh Samui (Thailand)
103-0302_IMG.JPG

Himeiji-jo (Japan)
104-0463_IMG.JPG

Whitesands Beach (Australia)
IMG_1604.JPG

Sicily
DSC00038.JPG

Majorca
IMAG0471.jpg

Autopista A-4 (approaching Madrid)
IMG_5018.JPG

jez101

Bookies drive nice cars because of people like me
Contributor
What are you doing to get such amazing focus close up snowy ? Share your tips mate :)

snowy

Champion Elect
jez101
I have lots of tips and tricks that I have picked up along the way, enough to write a book! It is difficult to know which ones would be relevant... perhaps you could point me in the direction of some photos of your own and give me an idea of what equipment you have or have been thinking of getting. So I can gauge what tips might be useful to you.

If you visit my Deviant Art gallery: http://snomanda.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0 and go back to page 50 you can trace my first attempts at Macro right up to the present day. I started with a Canon 550D, an EFS 18-55mm lens and a set of Kenko Extension tubes, that gave me about 1:1 magnification. I added a Canon 500D Close Up lens which gave me about 1.5:1. A little later I got serious about Macro and bought an EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens, that, the ext tubes and 500D gave me just under 3:1. Now I am completely mental about macro I have the Canon MP-E 65mm Macro that gives 5:1!

These lens upgrades in conjunction with flash and flash diffuser upgrades have led me to where I am now. It has taken 18 months to go from piss poor to surprisingly good and my gallery plots the whole weird and wonderful journey. You can see the punctuation marks where I buy a new piece of kit or improve my diffuser, it is quite spooky.

Fenderman

Rooters Reporter
... plus when taking a shot snowy has the steadiest hand I have ever seen. Trust me when I tell you that he shoots those photo's free-hand without the aid of a tripod. I am constantly awestruck :o and humbled by his stuff.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Great portrait :thumbsup: Beautifully composed and I love the fact you've got the depth of field set up perfectly throw his hair and the background out of focus.

Top Bottom