FIA Mohammed bin Sulayem is the new FIA President

Hamberg

Those who know, they know
Contributor
I’ve got a different take on Sulayem.
1. Rules are rules - this could have been a dig at Massi and something he’s going to deal with. He has acknowledged that Hamilton is in a bad place and is human. No action so far?
2. Giving the race director more power - makes sense, what he’s actually trying to avoid post race investigations and inconsistencies - we don’t yet know if Massi will keep his job therefore can’t say it’s a vote of confidence
3. He’s said he needs to speak to Hamilton as part of the gala and Abu Dhabi debacle before they can possibly start any investigations/make decisions. He again acknowledges that he understands why Hamilton needs to take some time.

I get given he’s Saudi and has Bernie in his pocket that I’m probably very naive but I don’t yet seen him as the villain others do.

P1

Race Winner
Contributor
Sulayem made good on his promise to fine Hamilton for missing the 'gala'.

What a ****!
Yeah but this is a “fine”. Hamilton have 50k to a charitable cause he himself founded. It’s a pretty light penalty.
I’m sure Hamilton donates more than this to charity annually anyway so it effectively renders the penalty meaningless.

-WBF1-

Podium Finisher
Contributor
Yeah but this is a “fine”. Hamilton have 50k to a charitable cause he himself founded. It’s a pretty light penalty.
I’m sure Hamilton donates more than this to charity annually anyway so it effectively renders the penalty meaningless.
Politics at the finest (in this case I don't have an issue) FIA needed to fine Hamilton for breaking the rules (yes the irony isn't lost on me), however they made the fine acceptable to Hamilton and supported a charity, so in my opinion (not worth a lot) I think they did the right thing.

Top Bottom