Let's not forget Indy

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
The final open test session has been completed before the start of the new Indy season on April the 5th. Things should be more stable this year now that the dust has settled on the Indy/Cart merger. As always all neutral eyes will be on a certain Ms Patrick. (more so now with the persistant rumours of an American based F1 team). Below is the list of test times from that final session.

1. (3) Will Power, Dallara-Honda, 119.213

2. (10) Dario Franchitti, Dallara-Honda, 118.663

3. (6) Ryan Briscoe, Dallara-Honda, 118.557

4. (9) Scott Dixon, Dallara-Honda, 118.471

5. (02) Graham Rahal, Dallara-Honda, 118.425

6. (06) Robert Doornbos, Dallara-Honda, 118.247

7. (26) Marco Andretti, Dallara-Honda, 118.132

8. (11) Tony Kanaan, Dallara-Honda, 117.769

9. (18) Justin Wilson, Dallara-Honda, 117.751

10. (27) Hideki Mutoh, Dallara-Honda, 117.685

11. (4) Dan Wheldon, Dallara-Honda, 117.402

12. (24) Mike Conway, Dallara-Honda, 117.120

13. (12) Raphael Matos, Dallara-Honda, 117.106

14. (5) Mario Moraes, Dallara-Honda, 117.080

15. (7) Danica Patrick, Dallara-Honda, 116.881

16. (20) Ed Carpenter, Dallara-Honda, 115.765

Are those test times in seconds c_a_t?

Which would make Danica Patrick 2nd fastest?
Surely I'm missing something... :s

Sorry Bro.

They are top speeds. I've looked around for a better list but there isn't much info forth coming and the indycar site is useless on my work computer without the benefit of Java.

So Danica was 15th fastest in testing.

According to her website she was working on "setups" for the two days but she's been off the pace all winter.

C_A_T :thankyou:

Traditionally lap times in US oval racing are given as average speeds, it's more "exciting" and possibly easier for Americans to understand... :whistle:

Well, here's a thread from the past. Just watching the race at Sonoma on ESPN and Justin Wilson is in the lead :o

Hes one of the best in the business if you ask me. Consistently up there in an OK car, usually showing up his teammates (except for Conway's incredible weekend at Detroit)

Rumour has it, Indy500 winner Tony Kanaan could be swapping open wheel for stock cars next year if the rumours are to be believed that he'll be driving for Joe Gibbs Racing in next year's Nationwide championship

I've really been enjoying the Indy Car season this year. Weldon is suffering from some of the worst luck recently. If what the Penske Team did (or didn't do) over the past two races happened in F1 this forum would probably explode.

Youre welcome absolute shit luck though. Power was an idiot in Baltimore but that whole race just ends up being about luck since nobody can ever make it past the first corner on a restart. Its a bit like the start on the old Cleveland airport track but with a guaranteed wreck every restart instead of just race start. Sonoma was probably his fault, and even if not you still can't go around hitting pit crew members. Really annoying that we have to wait a month for Houston. Didn't know IndyCar had a "midfall break."

On a whole new topic, but still IndyCar related so it goes here, they will most likely run a race on the Indianapolis road course early in the month of May! That should be pretty sick.

Juan Pablo Montoya is returning to IndyCar next year with Penske, that's an interesting switch considering their rivalry with Ganassi

Indy after Franchitti, that could be the theme for this year's IndyCar season that begins this weekend. Probably I'll be watching the series since we have a couple of new "villaines" imported from NASCAR; Montoya and Busch, as well as a number of newcomers that may gradudate to F1 sometime in the furture. There's also the usual suspects and following the good example set by F1 there will be double-point races (the Triple Crown 500-mile races) ... Anybody else excited? ...

Back
Top Bottom