Let's not forget Indy

Hopefully this will be a separate entity as it says. McLaren appears to be slowly regaining some of its credibility on the F1 track but any distractions could derail their progress.

Always good. They probably needed to commit to the series full time if they hoped to really compete at Indy. Thanks to Can-am, Mclaren is still a magical name over here.

As they are hooking up with an existing race-winning team, it does not change the size of the field.

anyone see the pocono race. that was abit weird 2 red flags numerous cautions & race ended on 129 of 200 because of incoming storm & the rule that if lightning is within 7 mile radius of the circuit. the race must be suspended. so in a stroke of luck because its just who had pitted last 1st. so was at the end of a stint & power got lucky. if race gone full 200 id think pagenuad or dixon wouldve had it

the well publicised one is 5 car pile up which Sato defends himself. but apparantly like 2018 (according to the drivers) he is at fault again in 2019. he was on the outside of hunter reay & rossi. you have to yeild you cant go a round the outside 3 wide & you give way to inside cars. its how racing is. but he doesnt sato in squeeze hits rossi wheel take him & hunter reay. then rolling crash collects hincecliffe & scarely rosenquist at the last moment

theyve rejigged the indycar calendar now. but interested in Brogan opinion that is this as unrealistic as i think from bits ive heard in America

Screenshot_20200327-133459_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have no clue - I don't follow any US sports.

According to trump, it's all a big hoax and people should get back to work next week so ...

I have no clue - I don't follow any US sports.

According to trump, it's all a big hoax and people should get back to work next week so ...

its can you see America being back to normal & able to host any sporting events by 31 may. because if we said premier league said we are restarting on 31st may there would be alot of skepticism

Possibly - your guess is as good as mine.

We're a couple of weeks behind China and Italy in terms of the peak and the current stats are:

1585352420604.png

If it peaks early to mid April then towards the end of summer we may see things getting back to normal.

Watched the Indy iracing challenge with some interest.
All the regular drivers competing and some invited guests.
Standouts for me were Lando Norris and Scott McLaughlin, Norris ran the last 2 races, won one and was leading the other until taken out by a back marker.
McLauughlin drives for Penske in the Aus V8's, two time defending champ and highly rated by Penske despite no open wheeler experience. Was scheduled to make his Indy car debut this month after posting the 3rd fastest time in preseason testing. Competed in all six races with 2 wins and the unofficial championship points winner.

its can you see America being back to normal & able to host any sporting events by 31 may. because if we said premier league said we are restarting on 31st may there would be alot of skepticism

seems i was correct in assuming that indycar would have to reschedule. the 1st half of season is pretty bad. only Texas & the Indianapolis road race is still going ahead in its scheduled date. as Detroit, Richmond & Toronto have gone until 2021 & Road America is now a double header 3 weeks later. Iowa also becomes a double header adding a day beforehand

the 2nd half is relatively the same with Mid Ohio, Indy 500, Gateway, Portland & Laguna Seca staying on their scheduled dates. even if we do get a 1st race on the 19th September. but now indy car we added on we have a 2nd Indianapolis road race & they rescheduled the season opener as the season finale in at st pete on 25th October

Screenshot_20200521-223503_Samsung Internet.jpg

looking forward to this. thought it started at 6 but instead program & build up starts at 6. so will mean its indy on tv champions league on the phone

can alonso complete the triple crown. that he came so close to on his only other attempt. until the honda engine let him down. while in lead with 20 laps to go. alonso feels confident & not beyond the relms as rossi was 4th from 32nd 2 years ago. Andretti i worry for on the pole. but struggled to get a race pace in that car. its extremely boring prediction but i think Scott dixon is the favourite

Looking tough for Alonso & the Chevy runners with Honda securing 9 of the top 10 in qualifying, but things could change in the race. Certainly we can expect the Penske cars to move forward.

It's ridiculous Dixon only has one Indy 500 given his dominance of the championship - another one would be the very least he deserves.

Fernando's team mates are doing quite well. Looks like a 4 way fight for the win between Rossi, Dixon, Sato and O'Ward.

I love the penalty that sends the driver to the back of the field. Come on F1, that's got to put in the options for the stewards next year.

im fancying Rosenqvist at the moment. as that caution will help. he might be 1 of the few to get to end on 1 stop.

but scott dixon is 1 of the all time greats

It's been tense rather than thrilling, but I've enjoyed it. Hope Pigot is ok.

Now I'm not up to date on the rules, will we get a green flag finish?

Back
Top Bottom