Let's not forget Indy

ROFL once, ROFL twice and because this is so funny, ROFLROFLROFL thrice more.

Among the myriad problems that afflicted them was the fallout from a decision early in the programme to build their own steering wheel. These house electronic read-outs and several controls for the car, and most Indycar teams buy them in from British company Cosworth.

When McLaren realised they had run out of time to do their own before starting testing, they ordered one from Cosworth, but when it arrived it did not have any gear-change paddles. When McLaren asked why, they were told they had not ordered them.

as i said yesterday & i still feel this. the incompetence is still staggering when you keep reading that article above. its so amateurish a formula 4 team would be embarrassed by it. bob fernley came from the most organized team in the paddock. this is a team that is of a huge profile, on a par with ganassi & penske. who in uk increased viewing figures 7 fold. as in 2016 BT peaked with 31,000, 2017 201,000, 2018 91,000.

Last edited:
Galahad is back. Must be nearly Le Mans time - or was the latest McLaren chapter just to funny not to come back and comment on?

Hope you're good chap.

https://apnews.com/a8653967a9714ac7a9a3ba576f712fff

For the full comedy of errors. Not having a spare car because it was down the road being repainted as it was not the correct shade of Orange is also very funny.

I see a comedy movie starring Paul Rudd as Fernando Alonso in the offing.

It has been a long, long time since I've read of a list of comedy failures as long as that in motorsport. That's an Andrea Moda level of incompetence.

Avoided the Monaco GP live, switched to sky when I got in just now to watch the replay and the Indy 500 appears to be on.

It was never my favorite race back in the days when Indy car racing was good (1980s). I actually watched the last 50 laps today....it is such an old boys club racing series now.

Never taken much notice of Indy but I really enjoyed that race. Maybe I'm just in a good mood today?

what a finish to the indy 500, as always with ovals as I remember as it was my 1st legal indy 500 for about 6 yrs 1st 150 laps meh last 50 wow. them final 10 laps was edge of the seat stuff with pagenuad v rossi, even though ive no idea how sato finished 3rd I missed the laps 130 - 160 due to sky fault but he went from 20ish & lap down to 3rd. but on pagenuad he got lucky because of poor strategy not staying in 2nd until penultimate stint for fuel mileage, as if it wasn't for his countryman & ex le mans 24 teammate closing the door on rahal at 220mph. rossi would've had it in the bag because pagenuad would've had fuel save so much he would've dropped down the order.

McLaren returns to IndyCar full-time partnering with Arrow SPM

interesting news McLaren will join indycar by partnering up with Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. Gil de Ferran will lead the McLaren IndyCar programme & involvement in Arrow McLaren Racing SP. He will helm a dedicated group from McLaren Racing, independent of the F1 team.

what this says about the 2 drivers im unsure will they stick as hinchcliffe & Ericsson have done good jobs considering. If alonso does go in which seems unlikely considering rumours of anger post indy. it would be Ericsson seat under threat because hinchcliffe brings the arrow sponsorship & is 1 of established good drivers in the series

Back
Top Bottom