Let's not forget Indy

A messy race at Longbeach, but a good win for Brit, Mike Conway, after he pressured Scott Dixon into a late fuel
pit-stop. :)
(It was a shame that Justin Wilson made a mistake whilst in 2nd near the end and failed to finish).

In honour of a Conway win, here's a ditty from CONWAY Twitty...

Last edited:
Kurt Busch over 900 miles on the day. Even more impressive. Great race with some disappointing results for quite a few contenders, especially Townsend Bell and Ed Carpenter

Was there a record number of laps without a safety? Think they got to nearly 150 before the first the first caution which was quite impressive. Well done to the race organisers for putting out the red flags with 9 laps left rather than letting the race run out under yellows.

Lap 149 was the first yellow I believe. Was a new record, but also got rather boring as the field got spread out. And agreed about the red flag, great call especially since they refuse to do the green-white-checkered finishes like NASCAR.

EDIT: also Kurt Busch blew an engine shortly after I posted about his day, leaving him almost 200 shy of 1100 miles on the day. Tough to see that attempt finished through no fault of his own as he finished sixth at Indy and was hovering around the top 10 in the NASCAR race. Valiant effort though, and hats off to him for having the balls to try it.

Last edited:
Quite chuffed with finding a stream to watch the race last night and actually seeing him do that. A very nice piece of personal history for him as it's his first season back since 2000 and he's now 4th in the championship. :goodday:to him, nicely done!

Old friend Sebastien Bourdais snatched Pole Position earlier today in Toronto, but they're currently under a red flag because of rain.

The Pole was his first in Indy Cars since 2007, his 32nd overall, tying him for 8th All-Time with Michael Andretti.

Looks like they're gonna give it a try again soon.

No word from Ray....

The pace car spun off right before the start and then Will Power spun before the flags even waved. Start aborted, let's try that again!

Edit - Another red flag. Weather may be clearing though :dunno:

Double edit - It was double Indy-500 champ Arie Luyendyk that went off in the pace car.

Last edited:
After eventually calling off the race Saturday evening, Sebastien Bourdais went on to victory Sunday morning in a fairly dominant fashion. In the second race Justin Wilson was within 5 minutes (it became a timed race) of a win, but he was on wet tires on a quickly drying track and he fell back allowing the first changer to slicks, Mike Conway, to claim the top step.

Just watching Indy Cars from Mid Ohio on ESPN, Mr Bourdais (remember him from Torro Rosso) is doing well, with Dixon leading with half the race done.

Must say first race I've watched at length, interesting design for the cars.

That was a great race. A lot of good racing and an incredible drive from Scott Dixon to win with a comfortable margin from last on the grid. Of course it wasn't that comfortable as he ran out of fuel just after he crossed the line and came to a stop in Turn 1 of his cooldown lap. Good driving from Bourdais, Munoz, Rahal and Hinch as well as an always unlucky Josef Newgarden.

I was at the Mid-Ohio race, actually. I live in Columbus, so Mid-Ohio is a quick little hour drive for me and I figured why not? All in all, it was fun and it was a great race. I may have to start watching more Indy, especially the road course races. It will never replace F1 for me but its still a heck of a lot better than NASCAR.
Mid-Ohio is a great track, lots of rolling hills and tricky corners. Its in kind of a bizarre location though. Its literally in the middle of Amish country.

Last edited:
Was a good race and excellent win for Dixon, but yes the the fuel strategy man must have been kakking it near the end as Dixon did well to save fuel and also pul out a decent gap and great delivery of the task with running out of fuel in Turn 1.

Next Race at Wisconsin 250 on the 17th August.

Standings after Mid Ohio, thanks to NBC Sports:

Rank Driver Points Behind Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 DNF Laps Laps Led
1 Will Power 548 - 15 2 7 12 0 1809 353
2 Helio Castroneves 544 4 15 1 7 10 1 1763 241
3 Ryan Hunter-Reay 485 63 15 3 5 8 4 1618 169
4 Simon Pagenaud 484 64 15 2 7 10 1 1729 59
5 Juan Pablo Montoya 447 101 15 1 5 6 1 1783 74
6 Scott Dixon 440 108 15 1 8 9 2 1731 89
7 Carlos Munoz 416 132 15 0 5 7 4 1631 0
8 Sebastien Bourdais 400 148 15 1 5 7 3 1494 98
9 Tony Kanaan 389 159 15 0 4 10 2 1672 326
10 Marco Andretti 383 165 15 0 2 8 4 1376 22