Kimi Räikkönen

Probably one of the coolest drivers ever to grace F1 alongside James Hunt.

His part life-style may not have been to some teams liking in F1 but you can't deny that Kimi was probably one of the best drivers on the grid from 2003-09. He should have won more championships than he did!

Kimi won his one and only F1 Championship in 2007. Kimi won 18 races, 16 pole positions, scored 62 podiums and claimed 35 fastest laps in his time in F1.

Kimi is probably the must unluckiest driver to ever grace F1 and the amount of retirements he had no fault of his own were lots.

Kimi won his first GP in 2003 winning the Malaysian GP and he claimed his last victory in F1 at the 2009 Belguim GP.

Kimi started his F1 career in 2001 driving for Sauber, he then went on to drive for Mclaren and Ferrari before quitting the sport in 2009.

Kimi produced probably the 2 most funniest moments to happen in F1 over the last 10 years, when he said :censored: at the Brazilian GP in 2006 when Schumi first retired from F1 and the other one at the Malaysian GP where the race was red flagged and he went to the garage and got into shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops and started eating ice-cream.

Whether you liked him or not you can't deny his talent, he produced one of the comebacks of the past 10 season by starting near the back of the Japan GP in 2005 and went on to win it! Probably one of his best race wins in F1.

Did you like Kimi or Not?

Looks like Kimi is finding himself in an awkward position. He has allegedly been a naughty boy and touched a woman in an inapropriate way in Montreal in 2016 in a bar. Now her lawyer wants a payout and Kimi is calling it blackmail and extortion and he strongly denies doing anything wrong.
If he is innocent then I don't blame him standing up for himself, but if she is right and he did what she says he did, he could be in deep trouble based on what has been happening to some other men in Hollywood etc. Is she genuine or jumping on the bandwagon? Only her and Kimi know the truth I imagine, it's all down to who you choose to believe in some ways. Sadly mud tends to stick in these situations, even if the accused does turn out to be innocent.

So at last Raikkonen has been given permission to race and he grabbed it with both hands. I can't help feeling that he feels that he has got the wrong end of the bargain but has nowhere else to go. I something were to happen to Vettel he would be a very much better driver.

Before we all get excited let's look at the other end of the race. Kimi hasn't gained a position on the first lap for over a year and a half. In the Grand Prix just gone he started 6th, two people in front of him (including his team mate) crashed out and be still ended up 7th at end of lap 1.

Kimi's problem has never been lack of talent or his team or teammates. It's always been lack of effort.

Perhaps they should have told him on Saturday that he had permission to race?

He's just slow now. 2-3 good races a year aren't enough to convince me he still has it, or that anyone else could unlock it.

RasputinLives You can't say Kimi is not trying . I remember how opinions changed quickly in his first spell at Ferrari apparently he does not have Schumacher's work ethic but the engineers said he was very into the details of the data when he was world champion. Come 2009 , Luca saw that his laid back attitude was not right and got Alonso who everyone said was near Schumacher's work ethic.

The difference between previous years is Kimi seems to starting more places behind his teammate now , every micro mistake of his is being blown out in comparison with LeClerc and Riccardo

I mean I think 2015 he was pretty much behind Vettel or alongside and they had numerous start line accidents. Age is getting to Kimi, he is certainly not as fast as he use to be but then again I thought his time at Lotus he actually displayed fantastic consistency and used his head a bit more.

He's lost a bit of his race craft although some were saying Sunday was the most aggressive he's been for a while.

I don't think Kimi has helped his reputation by getting soundly beaten year after year

I can say Kimi is not trying and I have. I don't think he's truly cared since 2008. Made a lot of money though. All this ''being screwed over by Ferrari" stuff is nonsense that people who don't like Vettel like to sprout.

RasputinLives I thought 2009 Raikkonen was woeful but 2008 he did have some bad luck although he probably was not as motivated as 2007

Yes his management team have made him very rich he might as well take it while he can.

I think the only time I see Kimi being weak or not trying is he does not seem to make his own calls about tyre choices in wet weather races. There have been times when he has the wrong tyres because he followed the team call

Last edited:
I can't see that Kimi has been trying that hard either to be honest. He did on Sunday and he got a podium as a result of others having bad races for whatever reason. Odd how suddenly he's pushing when there's talk of him potentially losing his seat don't you think?

So Kimi to Sauber for 2019, seriously? I am shocked by that part of the news. I can't see what he's going to gain by going there, clearly he wasn't ready to hang up his helmet yet. I have to wonder how that will go for him, I can't see him having the motivation there to do well, hell he's seemed like he doesn't always have the motivation at Ferrari, going back further down the grid I can't see that situation improving.

Another seat blocker for someone who could be in F1 on potential.

Good move for Sabuer in terms of PR but not great for anyone in the junior formula hoping for the chance to step up.

Just saw Kimi has a two year deal at Sauber not just one! I can't see how this is going to work out well for him or them.

Well Sauber seem to have made some improvements this season so there may be some potential if they continue that progress next year too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom